Spitting out blood after septoplasty?

13 days ago I had Septoplasty.I can breath much better now. What im worried about I'm still having dark red, really thick mucus (almost looks like membrane) coming through mouth every morning upon waking up. In the day time I'm spitting out small amounts of blood mixed with mucus almost every time I spit. Is that normal and if there is something I should do about that or it is something I should be worried about?

Post Septoplasty

+1

It's a good idea let your surgeon know about this and have him/her examine you. Most likely it's simply areas that are still healing with some exposed raw surfaces. The only way to know for sure is to be examined. Best of luck.