How Much Should I Look Forward to Spending on Veneers? (photo)

So i want to correct a few gaps that i have and i learned that dental bonding is out of the question due to the large width of my gaps. So now Im looking into veneers. I dont have much money to spend on veneers and i see some reviews on here with prices ranging from 2000 to a whooping 8000. The only thing i want to correct is the gaps, a whitening will be great but i have no cavities or decay anywhere. Whats a realistic price to get my gaps closed.

Gaps between teeth

+1

Looking at the photos, i feel you may have a tongue thrust habit which may be the cause of the gaps. You may want to consider a consultation with the orthodontist for invisalign or something before jumping on to the cosmetic options.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain Veneers For Large Gap

+1

The main cause of your large diastemas (spaces) is that you are a tongue thruster.  This means that your tongue pushes against the inside of your front teeth when you swallow.  The best option for your case is to seek out an orthodontist and consider braces.  They can discuss your tongue thrusting and will place permanent retainers when your case is complete to keep the teeth from moving.  If you are not interested in orthodontics, then porcelain veneers may be an option for you.  Even a very experienced cosmetic dentist will have to make your front teeth slightly wider than ideal.  I would not do less than eight veneers in your case and you would be looking at 16-18k to have it done.  Good luck.

Scott Young, DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Gaps between teeth

+1

Looking at the photos, i feel you may have a tongue thrust habit which may be the cause of the gaps. You may want to consider a consultation with the orthodontist for invisalign or something before jumping on to the cosmetic options. Rmoving the cause of the problem is always more important than just cosmetic correction to ensure long lasting, functionally stable results. Good Luck.

Gaurav K. Goel, MDS
India Cosmetic Dentist

Hows much do veneer smile makeovers cost?

+1

To close the gaps, and considering how wide the gap (diastema) is between your front two teeth, you would have to do at least six porcelain veneers.  I wouldn't even consider the plastic, composite veneers, as with as many spaces as you have, the strength and longevity would not give you an extremely long term restoration.  Better choice would be porcelain veneers.

Depending on where you are located, the skill and experience of your cosmetic dentist, you might expect a range of costs being a minimum of $1,000, but very possibly around $1,400-$1,800 each.  Remember, if you go for the cheapest veneers, you will more than likely get veneers that may not last as long.  Would suggest shopping value for your money, rather than looking at least costly fix.

Norman Huefner, DDS
Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist