How Can I Speed Up Healing to Creases & Lumps Left by Chin/neck Lipo? (photo)

I'm 33,female, & physically fit. I had a diet & exercise resistant double chin. 27 days ago I got a chin implant with chin and neck liposuction, direct fat excision from behind the platysma muscles & muscle suturing. No lipo was done to the jowls. My dr. is a board certified ENT & facial/neck plastic surgeon with a good rep. As per the pics, I have very visible lumps & creases (no creases prior). I wore the compression garment for 2 weeks straight. Will this resolve? What else can I do to help?

Lumps following chin lipo

+1

Thanks for your question.  I know how frustrating it can be to have lumps and creases following this type of surgery.  Once your surgeon feels that it is safe I would recommend massage and stretching exercises.  This won't immediately get rid of the unevenness but it will help and it's the only thing you can do at this point other than give things time to heal.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Contour irregularity after liposuction

+1

Massage of that area may help smooth the skin - each situation is unique and only your surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and ideally he/she should be the person commenting on post-operative questions such as this

Sam Naficy, MD

Lumpiness under the chin after Liposuction

+1

While it is common to see some irregularity due to swelling after any procedure, based on the photos, it appears that you may have had an accumulation of fluid after surgery. This can lead to excessive firmness and lumpiness that you see. The compression garment will not help that much at this point. Warm compresses with a washcloth and gentle massage from the base of your neck up toward your chin may help break up this excess swelling. With time, these irregularities should fade.

Gregory J. Vipond, MD, FRCSC
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon