Any Way to Speed Healing After a TCA Peel?

Please help, This is my 24 Hr Post 15% TCA peel done on part of my right cheek. 1.- Does it look normal to you? 2.- Not very well planned and need to super speed up the process... need to be at a wedding in 4 days... lots of pictures! Please help me.

TCA peels and healing

+1

Unfortunately, once a TCA peel has been done there is little way to speed up the peeling process. You absolutely DO NOT want to pick at your face, as you can potentially cause scarring. I always educate my peel patients that they will need at least about 7 days of down time for the peeling to take place. Then, the erythema can persist.

While you might be able to have a second therapy to decrease the redness, I would probably recommend just moisturizing and allowing natural healing to take place as there is less chance for complication. Make yourself an appointment with a makeup artist the day of the wedding and have someone with professional training camouflage the redness! It will be worth it in the end when you get a great peel outcome.

Ohio Dermatologist

Chemical peel healing process

+1

There is no magic to speed the healing process. The body reacts to injury and starts the healing. Healing from TCA peel is one week.

The see the physician who did the peel to make sure all is well.

Gentle Waves, steroids

+1

You probably need a great makeup artist for this to look normal in only four days.
However, you might find someone who could give you a GentleWaves treatment. This is an LED light source that emits coded pulses of light in a technology termed photomodulation. This should blanch some of the erythema (redness).

I would also suggest a mid strength corticosteroid and Euceerin Redness Relief.

To answer your other question. I have never seen this reaction to TCA 15%. It should eventually resolve, but I doubt whether it will do so in 4 days.

Enjoy the wedding and have a baby hot dog for me.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Facial TCA wound healing

+1

It is difficult to tell what is going on from this picture. The best way to expedite wound healing is to keep a wound clean and moist. in many instances the skin must separate on its own and attempting to peel this on your own is not advised and will not speed up the process.