How to Speed Up the Chemical Peel Process?

I just had a glycolic chemical peel done and this is suppose to be one of seven treaments spread out throughout the year. I also have dark skin. The esthetician said the healing process takes five days. Is there anything i can do to speedup the peeling of the skin because I have school and I dont want to show up with half my face peeled and the other half not peeled. Can i take vitamins or certain creams to speed up the peeling of the skin?

Peeling time

+1

To increase the rate of epidermal turnover, use a retinoid like Retin-A, Tazorac or Differin at least 2-3 weeks before getting the chemical peel.  The retinoid speeds up the turnover rate, so that the desquamating skin will come off 36-48 hours sooner than if the skin is not prepped.  Just be careful to use the retinoid with care - never put it on immediately after washing the face - wait at least 2-3 hours so that a normal oil layer can develop.  Also, use less than you think you need - using too much can cause unnecessary irritation, which can cause darkening in your skin type.  Also remember that often glycolic peels are so mild that often there really isn't a lot of peeling seen.  Good luck!

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon