Spectra Laser Can Cause Scar? (photo)

Iam being treated with spectra laser only after 1 month of using accutane,, I noticed new scar but not sure,, could spectra laser cause scars?

Scar resurfacing

+1

Thanks for the question beera.  It's possible any laser can cause scarring and although it's never been definitely proven, it is generally accepted that any laser procedure should be delayed by at least 3-6 months after Accutane treatment.  I assume you're having laser treatment for post acne scarring and if so, I think the Spectra laser is not the best choice.  In my opinion, you'll get a much better result from one of the fractionated lasers, either ablative or non-ablative.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon