What Specific Ultherapy Technique is Used to Lift the Cheeks and Jowls?

I'm 35 and 2 weeks ago I've had Ultherapy done to my entire face and neck. I was hoping that the procedure would have an ovaling affect on my lower face (i.e. slightly lift the cheek/jowl tissue in a more youthful position). I mentioned this to the nurse conducting the Ultherapy procedure but I don't think she used any type of special technique to achieve my desired results. Is there a special or specific way of doing Ultherapy that will produce great lifting results on the cheeks or jowls?

Ultherapy Treatments

+1

Ultherapy is a really nice addition to our armamentarium of treatments. I’m finding that the therapy, however, is only as good as it’s technician. The transducer has to be placed very intentionally over areas that reauire lifting – it cannot be angled nor moved during a pulse delivery. Cheeks generally do well with ultherapy, but Jowls exhibit an extraordinary difference.

Web reference: http://www.bobbybukamd.com/services/ultherapy

Ultherpy treatment

+1

Thank you for your question.  This is a commonly asked question.  My practice commonly puts down more lines than recommended.  This will add additional tightening to achieve a maximum result.  How the pattern of lines are put down is still under review.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/ultherapy.html

Ultherapy focused to the individual

+1

Collectively, physicians are learning from each other as time goes on how to most effectively deliver Ultherapy.  It does not need to be done as a cookie cutter type of procedure.  Some parts of the face can be done while others are not treated.  More focused and more numerous lines might be used as an off-label procedure by some doctors to focus on one patient's stubborn areas. In general though, there is a benefit to treating a wide area to allow the surrounding tissue that tightens to help pull up on the desired area rather than just treating the one area. The company had improved the protocol from 5 to 5Plus with more lines and the technique will continue to evolve as we see better improvement from other doctors treatments.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html

Ulthera lifts jowls

+1

Ulthera can definitely lift jowls in the right patient.  To get great lifting of the jowls, I usually recommend more lines in the lower face and upper neck.  In addition, during the procedure, a well-trained operator should move the jowls away from the mandible (jaw bone) so that the jowl skin is treated effectively and uniformly.

Two weeks is too soon to see results with Ulthera.  My advice is to be patient.  You are much more likely to see results at 6 months.  

Houston Dermatologist

Ultherapy for cheek lifting

+1

Ulthera uses highly focused ultrasound energy delivered at 2 levels under the skin, so the only variables are the number of pulses at each level and the areas in which they are concentrated; it is not a matter of technique. The results will take a few months to be fully realized so 2 weeks is too early to make a final judgment about results.