Specific Recommendations for Non-surgical Back Fat Removal?

Hi, I am within 15 pounds of my ideal weight and 39 yo but still have bulges on my back just below the bra line and just above the pant waistline on my lower back. I've had pretty bad experiences with general anesthesia in the past 7-10 years and would prefer a non-surgical option. I have noticed that people have used Coolscupting, Liposonix and Exilis on their back. Would one of these be a better choice for the back area? I have read that loose skin can be a problem with the back, as well.

CoolSculpting for the Back

+1
CoolSculpting is a great option for reducing fat bulges at the back. A single treatment can reduce about 25% of the fat in the area and you can do multiple treatments for better results. The treatment is noninvasive and there is no downtime, which makes it a great alternative. CoolSculpting does not tighten the skin, but normally the skin on the back tends to respond well to treatment. It is always best to have a consultation to assess your skin quality and determine if you are a good candidate for the treatment.

Coolsculpting for fat loss of the back

+1

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq can be used off-label to reduce fat of the back.  some areas need multiple treatments. The back can have fibrous fat. Other patients have redundant skin folds and not fat so that the treatment won't work. Please see your phsycian to determine if you're a candidate for coolsculpting.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Coolsculpting for Bra Fat is Great!

+1

Great question!   Though not one of the areas originally treated with Coolsculpting, we have had excellent results with it for Bra/Back fat.  Not only do we see a reduction in fat but the skin in the treated area tightens as well so you don't need to be concerned about the skin sagging more in the treated areas as a result of treatment.   Our patients have been extremely happy with Coolsculpting treatment for the back and best of all- no cutting, no scars, no downtime.  Give it a try!    

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting Non-surgical Back Fat Removal

+1

CoolSculpting is FDA cleared for the nonsurgical elimination of fat from the abdomen and love handles.  CoolSculpting can be used elsewhere on the body under the discretion of your plastic surgeon in an "off-label" fashion.  Coolsculpting is quite good for back fat.  The best part of it is that there are no needles, no incisions, no downtime, and no garments. In a single treatment, there was shown to be an average of 22.5% reduction of the fat. After a few months you may retreat the same area for further results. One other benefit is that the back skin is the thickest skin of the body and tends to contract after the treatment nicely so there is no excess hanging of the skin in most situations.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Excellent for Non-Surgical Back Fat Removal

+1

Coolsculpting is fantastic for back fat; no needles, no incisions, no downtime, and no garments.  Our patients relax, watch movies, or read while they freeze away their back fat.   One treatment averages 22.5% reduction of the fat.  Patients may retreat the same area for further results.  Back skin is thick and recoils well. 

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Complete for Back fat without surgery

+1

CoolSculpting is an FDA Cleared treatment for non-surgical elimination of fat with no need for surgery or down time. CoolSculpting selectively freezes fat cells, but protects surrounding tissue.  The fat is gradually eliminated by the body. Results can be seen after a single treatment, but for maximum results spme people elct to have two to three treatments.

Traditional Coolsculpting uses one system with one attachment that be used on one side of the body at a time for an hour long treatment, followed by a second hour long treatment to treat the other side (love handle, back fat, etc.) Coolsculpting Complete uses two systems simultaneously administering cooling to stubborn areas of fat. Twice the amount of fat can be treated in just one hour.

Additionally, Coolsculpting Complete incorporates vibrational therapy to enhance lymphatic drainage and compression therapy for patient comfort.

Most people have little to no discomfort with CoolSculpting Complete, but very few people report pain days after the procedure. if that takes place, a non-narcotic pain medication can be prescribed.  arIn my practice, two nurse practioners and a PA are available in the event a patient feels they would benefit from a pain medication.

Coolsculpting Complete can be effective for many areas of the body including back waist, wait line, abdomen, pooch, muffin top, love handles, arms, inner thighs and more.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon