Who Specializes in Huge Abdominal Hernia Surgery? Been "Fixed" 3X and Surgery Failed. Need Team, I Think?

El Paso, Texas complex hernia repair.

+2

I perform a high volume of complex hernia repairs in El Paso, Texas with my multidisciplinary team both through private practice and at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Many times repair of these hernias requires a component separation and biologic mesh reinforcement. A full consultation and exam would be necessary to help determine if you are a candidate for the procedure.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Hernia

+1

I perform the componet separation technique for repair of these complex hernias. This is the best way to help you

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Recurrent Abdominal Wall Hernia

+1

Depending on your past medical and surgical history and overall health status, you may be a candidate for a component separation reconstruction of your abdominal wall.  In this technique, a board certified plastic surgeon mobilizes the layers of your abdominal wall to reconstruct your hernia defect.  In severe cases, a sheet of collagen (dermal matrix known as Strattice) may be used for reinforcement or bridging any gaps.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon well-versed in the component separation technique to learn more about your options. Best wishes

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Abdominal hernis ?

+1

What kind of hernia do you have ?  Can you submit pictures ?

Thanks,

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Team Hernia Surgery After 3x Failure

+1

A 3 times failed hernia repair is very concerning.  I would contact the University hospital in your area.  Here in Dallas, I recommend UT Southwestern for such a procedure.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Huge Abdominal Hernia Surgery

+1

Given the past failures, my suggestion would be to start at the general surgery level at a University Hospital--El Paso or Albuquerque. They are likelier to have experienced hernia surgeons, and if plastic surgery may be part of the plan, they will have a team already available.

Thanks for your question, all the best.