What Type of Specialist Should I See for Scar Removal?

I had a car accident 14 years ago and am left with a scar on my forehead. It bothers me. Where can I go to get rid of it? What kind of doctor is good at removing scars?

Specialists that revise scars

+1

Hi Sjohnson712,

We would recommend a board certified facial plastic surgeon, a board certified dermatologic surgeon and a practitioner (either type) that specializes in laser scar removal. You have several options regarding scar treatments and you may need several specialists to evaluate them all.

Evaluate the following for your scar. You may also need to combine some of these treatments for best results. Good luck.

• CO2 Laser Resurfacing
  • Erbium laser Resurfacing
  • Fractional Laser Resurfacing
  • Surgical Revision
  • Subcision
  • Dermabrasion
  • Dermal Fillers

Specialist for scar revision

+1

I would recommend a board-certified plastic surgeon who does scar revision surgery.  There are a variety of options to improve the appearence of scars. You can find a plastic surgeon in your area at plasticsurgery.org. 

Jack Gelman, MD
Frankfort Plastic Surgeon