Are There Any Special Products That I Need to Incorporate in my Lip Augmentation After Care Program?

Are there certain products that I should avoid on my lips after augmentation? When can I start wearing lipstick again?

Lip augmentation post op care

+2

Usually lip balm and staying away from excessively hot or cold foods is the only thing uou need to do.  Depending on the method of lip augmentation, antibiotics may also be needed as part of your post op care.

There are a handful of different options available for lip augmentation including:

• fat grafting
  • silicone implant
  • restylane/juverderm
  • goretex

It is best to start with restylane/juverderm and get an idea of how you would like your lips to looks.  If you do not mind getting additional filler every 6 months or so then you can continue.  If you would like a more permanent effect you'll have to discuss fat grafting or silicone implants.  They all have pros and cons so discuss them candidly with your plastic surgeon.

Lip Augmentation Aftercare

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

Following lip augmentation with injectable fillers such as Juvederm Ultra or Restylane, our patients generally resume normal activities immediately with no imposed limitations.  Placing lip stick or lip balm on the lips allowed, with the one precaution being to stay away from extremely hot foods until the anesthetic wears off.

Kindest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Lip augmentation with Restylane or Juvederm is the most reliable with the fewest complications.

+1

Lip augmentation with Restylane or Juvederm is the most reliable with the fewest complications.   If the augmentation is done correctly,  you can treat your lips as you normally would following augmentaiton. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon