Is Buccal Fat Bulge, Visible in Videos/under Animation, After a SMAS a Common Issue and Can It Be Predicted in Advance?

I have noticed on patient video testimonials an almond shaped fat pouch on the side of the mouth during speaking although it is NOT visible on their patient photos. I think most women are not even aware of the possibility since most before and afters are still shots where this is not obvious. What type of FL procedure results in this and what type MOST often precludes it esp in thin faced women?

Buccal fat pad bulge

+1

Yes, a buccal fat pad can bulge a bit and look like chipmunk cheeks. Treatment can be repairing the area of the herniated fatty tissue.

Buccal Fat

+1

Herniation of buccal fat can be prevented and can be corrected. It requires a facelift approach. A good Board Certified Plastic Surgeon,(American Board of Plastic Surgery) can correct it aqnd prevent it from happening during a face lift.