Do I Have Enough 'Spare Fat' to Have a Fat Transfer Breast Enlargement? (photo)

I'm 18 years old, 173cm tall and weigh about 63 kilograms. My left breast (B cup) is a full cup size larger than my right. I hate having asymmetrical breasts and really want to have a fat transfer procedure to make the right breast a B cup to match. I'm fairly fit so I'm worried I won't have enough fat to 'harvest'. Also, what would be the cost of this procedure be in Australia? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! (Oh and I definitely do not want breast implants)

Fat transfer for breast asymmetry

+2

The body of information is growing rapidly in fat transfer for breast enhancement and reconstruction.  Yes, it works. You can expect to get about a 150 mL increase in the amount of volume in the right breast.  This would give you a more even match between your two breasts. Fat can be taken from your flanks, butt, tummy, hips, and/or thighs...or...a little from each.

You will have to see plastic surgeons in Australia for cost estimates. Best of Luck!

Fat Grafting to the Breast

+2

Fat Grafting  can be a very good technique for balancing breasts of unequal size, especially where the discrepancy in size is not too large.  Though your photograph does not show the rest of your body, it is likely you will have sufficient sites for harvesting the fat needed for the transfer.  You may need more than one procedure to accomplish your goal.  Find a plastic surgeon who is well trained in both breast surgery and fat grafting.  Good luck!

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Fat grafting is a good option for you

+2

You have enough fat for the correction of the asymmetry. The comment by Dr. Griffin regarding the asymmetry is correct. Yo may need to have lift. I would recommend fat grafting and possible lift later if needed. You should make sure your surgeon is expert in fat grafting and ask to see before and after pictures and talk to previous patients.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer to Breast

+2

Your photographs show not only a difference in volume, but also a difference in shape of your breast.  While volume addition with either fat or an implant will improve the volume symmetry, neither alone will correct the shape asymmetry. 

Donald Griffin, MD

Fat grafting to breasts

+1

Fat grafting has become popular for breast reconstruction contour deformities. It is also being used a bit for breast augmentation although no one knows how it will affect the patient long term.  There is still not a lot of information regarding this.

Breast fat transfer at 18

+1

Incremental fat transfers to the breast can be helpful for developmental asymmetry, but your concerns about the areas where fat is 'borrowed' is well founded. Dents and irregular areas can occur, and without care during transfer, cysts and calcifications can occur in the breast. Finally, there are not many published and reviewed series as to how to transfer the fat, and what the average result might be. At your age give the idea serious thought.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Yes you have enough fat fr fat transfer to the breast!

+1

Depending on your expectations you may obtain an excellent result with fat grafting.  There is no question in my mind that your left breast size can be achieved with fat grafting to the right breast.  I perform fat grafting augmentations on models in Miami that cannot afford to have an artificial lift.  Evern thin models have enough extra fat in their circumferential thighs for a subtle but significant augmentation.  The most important part of the augmentation for you is the careful release of the inframammary fold on the right.  Without releasing the fold you will not obtain an aesthetically sound result.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Do an augmentation

+1

Do not do fat injections. You will not be happy with the eventual result = it will cost you almost the same with no result.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD