SPAIR or Weiss for 36K?

I am a 36K and the plastic surgeon agreed with my size. There are so many decisions but I am confused about the method I should get. Should I select SPAIR or the anchor/Weiss method? Getting rid of the pain is important but size, shape and not hallowing over time is a concern. What are your thoughts? I have two more appointments scheduled and I would like an unbiased opinion on which procedure is best for me.

Hi There,

I wanted to let you know that for questions like yours, it is always more helpful to the doctors if you attach a picture to your question. All photos on our site are public though, and if privacy is something you are concerned about, and the doctor does need more info, please contact one of our board certified doctors directly to schedule a consultation.

Best Breast Reduction Technique?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery.  It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

You will find that  the success of your operation will depend much more on the performance of your surgeon, as opposed to the specific technique utilized. Therefore, you should concentrate most on selecting a plastic surgeon carefully,  as opposed to selecting a plastic surgeon based on the type of technique he/she “offers”.

I think that you are doing the right thing by visiting with a few board certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work. At some point, you will feel comfortable in proceeding; allow your selected plastic surgeon to use whichever technique provides the most consistent results in his/her hands.

Breast Reduction Incisions

+1

Without seeing you in person or evaluating pre-operative photographs, it is really impossible to give you specific advice.  My advice, however, is to no concentrate on the incision or the specific method but on the skill and experience of your board certified plastic surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast Reduction Techniques

+1

There are several ways to perform a breast reduction and you can get excellent results with all of them. The key is to pick an experienced plastic surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery.Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon