Round or Anatomical Implants - Pseudoptosis? (photo)

I am 37 years old, having had and breastfed 3 children. I am undecided between round and anatomical implants. Some drs have mentioned anatomical because they say I have pseudoptosis and anatomicals will help lift a little. I am posting pics and hope that your expert opinions can help me. I would like to go from an undersized B to a full C.

Round or Anatomical Implants - Pseudoptosis?

+2

You have little bit of ptosis and no pseudoptosis.  A round implant would be a better choice in you to fill out the deficient upper pole in deflated breasts.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+2

The choice of an implant is made by the patient and your plastic surgeon. A lot depends on the look you want. The round implants can give better lateral definition depending on the pocket dissection. Looking at your photo, you can get a good result either way. Discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD (retired)

Pseudoptosis

+2

Hello there

I think that in your case good results could be obtained with either implant style . I have a preference for the anatomical implant in your case but I would also expect to get an attractive result with round implants . It depends on the measurements of your breasts , the size you want to go and the look you prefer .

Also the anatomical implants take a bit of experience to use well so it depends on the experience of your surgeon .

It's a decision best made during your consultation .

All the best

Terrence Scamp

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants?

+2

Dear toureiffel,

I don't know of any scientific evidence to prove that pseudoptosis, or any ptosis for that matter, is better corrected with anatomic implants.  The diagnosis of "pseudoptosis" is suspect in your case to begin with...perhaps very mildly so on the right side.  The good news...you will look great with either implant! So, go for it and good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Round or anatomic implants

+2

I do not think the implants will make a difference of significance with your result. I think your desired size is more than obtainable without an issue. I prefer round smooth implants. I find the "gummies" slightly more firm and anatomics "not gummie style" really do end up looking like round implants.
I think the most important thing is picking the right surgeon, not the implants he or she is recommending. Good luck.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Round silicone gel vs anatomical "Gummy Bear" 410 Breast Implants

+2

Round vs anatomic implants will achieve different goals. Anatomic implants result in more natural appearing breasts and work well for smaller breast with tighter skin that do not have much ptosis.  They can also sometimes give a small upward rotation of the breast.  Round implants work better if there is some ptosis or sagging, and can give a fullness in the upper breast area.  Based on the photos above, the breast do not appear to have any ptosis and both types of implants will work.  It is important to discuss what exactly you goals are with you surgeon after you have been examined so that together you can decide what best suits your needs.  Sometime bringing a photo of how you would like your breast to appear to your consultation can help with the discussion.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Shape of Implant for natural result?

+2

I think your goal is a very reasonable one, to achieve a natural size and shape for your body frame. More important than the shape of the implant, is choosing a surgeon who is experienced in performing this procedure. The shape of the implant you choose is secondary to the way your surgeon makes the pocket for the implant to rest in, or positions the implant. An experienced board certified plastic surgeon should be able to guide you and make you feel comfortable with the most appropriate choice for the best possible outcome.

Best Wishes

Evan Manolis, MD
Orland Park Plastic Surgeon

Anatomical or Round Breast Implants for Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think that you are starting at a great “starting place” when it comes to breast augmentation surgery. I do not think that the decision of round versus anatomical breast implants is of significant importance. In other words, your choice of plastic surgeon and the execution of the procedure will be far more  important when it comes to the outcome of the procedure, compared to the specific breast implant shape.

Choose your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of  axamples of his/her work and communicate your goals carefully.  In my practice, I rely heavily on the use of goal pictures during this communication process.

+2

I would yield my opinion to a surgeon who has done an actual exam, but based upon the photos I would not call this ptosis or pseudoptosis. I think either implants would be appropriate choices for you.

All the best. 

Round vs Anatomic Implants

+2

Round vs anatomic implants will achieve different goals. The anatomic implants can give a very slight upward lift or rotation of the nipples and areolae. Anatomic implants also result in more natural appearing breasts. But, if you desire more fullness in the upper part of your breasts, then you will achieve this using round implants.  Hope this helps. Thank you for sharing your photos and questions. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD