Has my implant moved too far down?

I am 13 days post op and am very concerned that my left implant is sliding too far down. I got 400cc, textured, Eurosilicone, HP implants in April 30th, 2014. It seems that everyday it gets a bit worse and I currently have more fullness on the lower pole than upper pole :( I have had more post op pain the left side as well and the incision is on my breast rather than the crease. Is there anyway to prevent the implant from dropping further or better yet, reversing this?

Has my implant moved too far down?

+2
Based on the photos you posted, there is an obvious change from your 7 day to 13 day post-op photo.  But at just 13 days post-op, you are still early in your recovery to worry as much of this can be swelling.  It's difficult to say without examining you.  It would be best if you go see your surgeon for an in-office exam and go from there. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant bottoming out

+2
Thank you for your question about your breast implants.

• Your last photo shows a clear difference in position between your two implants,
  • You are not imagining this.
  • The question is whether the higher implant has not settled in or
  • If the lower implant is moving too far down.
  • If implants are under the muscle, it may be the lower implant settled faster
  • However - I suggest you see your plastic surgeon and discuss the problem.
  • In the meantime, I would wear a bra that supports both breasts.
Hope this helps Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Bottoming out

+1
You are quite early in the rocovery process and things will continue to change over the next several weeks.  I do not see bottoming out on the photos.  However, you should share your concerns with your plastic surgeon as an in person examination is always more helpful than examining photographs.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Position of the breat implant in 2nd week after surgery

+1
It is perhaps too early to decide if an implant is too high or too low.  However, if you bring this concern to your surgeon, and if he or she is concerned, then it may be possible to support or use elastic  wrap to help center the implant. If an elastic wrap is to be used, then it is better to start within the first 2 weeks after surgery in my experience. One of your photos has your arms elevated which somewhat distorts our ability to evaluate its position.  Your best source of information will be your surgical follow-up evalauation.

John M. Weeter, MD

Too early in recovery

+1
It is too early to draw a conclusion based on your photos.  It is the norm rather than the exception for both breasts to have a difference in themselves, swelling, and discomfort immediately after surgery. it will be approximately 6-12 weeks until one can make a conclusion as to their stable appearance.  One suggestion is that if you are massaging the implants, stop.  It can result in movement of the implants into an undesired location and does nothing for the prevention of contracture.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Is left breast implant bottoming out

+1
Based on your photographs I do not see evidence of significant bottoming out of your left breast implant.  As others have stated your very early in your recovery and based on the photographs it is difficult to answer your question.  Please consult your plastic surgeon for an examination and diagnosis.  If your surgeon is concerned he may place a specialized type of tape bandage to help during the healing process.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Has my implant moved too far down?

+1
At this point, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. In other words, it is very difficult to determine what is breast implant and what is swelling… I would suggest that you run your questions/concerns by your plastic surgeon.  Some plastic surgeons will use supportive tape, dressings, and/or compressive bras early after breast surgery if they have concerns about breast implant displacement. Best wishes; hopefully you  be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Breast implant drop....

+1
Hello and thanks for your post. I cannot see a great big difference in the photos with regards to your issue, but sometimes photos don't do a good job at demonstrating these differences. I suggest you make your plastic surgeon aware of your concerns and see what they may recommend about your breast dropping unevenly. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD