Is my breast lift incision infected? What should I do?

I am 3 weeks post op. Had a breast lift with fat transfer. I have noticed it's not healing like the other breast... What shall I do?

Incision line infection?

+1
Thank you for your question and photo.  From what I can see, it appears that you had vertical mastopexy with some pleating and wrinkling of the lower pole closure.  You appear to have some superficial wound dehiscence which is very common with this technique.  It may be related to some sutures that are inflamed or just slow healing due to some tightness.  This usually heals very nicely and flattens with time.  You should consult with your surgeon for local wound care options to help speed the healing.  Good luck. 

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Fat necrosis?

+1
Hi There. From your picture there does'nt appear to be any active wound infection though I cannot rule out a stitch abscess or superficial fat necrosis causing a minor wound healing problem. I would recommend getting a wound swab culture and sensitivity testing done to rule out infection since it is over three weeks. Its not uncommon to have a healing issues post breast lift. This should heal in a few dressings if no infection. Please go back to your PS. All the best.

Biraj Panchal, MBBS, MS, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for the question and picture. You will be best off seeking follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to diagnose and advise.  You should have some peace of mind that these types of incision line healing concerns are not uncommon after breast lifting surgery;  often, they are related to superficial sutures.  It is very likely that,  with some assistance from your plastic surgeon with incision line care, that you will do well. Best wishes.