Should I have had a Tummy Tuck instead of Tumescent Liposuction? (photos)

One month ago I had a tumescent liposuction, in total 2300l have been removed from my belly, back and weist, but I was expecting a more dramatic change. Is may be soon for seeing some results?

Liposuction

+2
You had a great deal of liposuction and it will take a full six months for all of the skin tightening to finish.  Be patient and dont make hasty decisions about the need for further surgery.  You will definately see better results at 6 months than now.

Liposuction results

+2
Thank you for your pictures. I think your results at one month are very good. The results will continue to improve over the next 2 to 3 months. Continue to wear your garment for the next couple weeks and watch your results continue to improve.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Wait 3 months for liposuction results

+2
It takes at least 3 months for swelling to resolve and skin to tighten after liposuction of the abdomen.  If laser liposuction was done you might expect more skin tightening up to 6 months.  Be sure to discuss her disappointment with your plastic surgeon.  After an appropriate waiting time you may need further treatment.  You do not look like you need a tummy tuck.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck vs lipo

+2
Greetings
At least from the photos there does seem to be improvement.In plastic surgery in general, most results are an improvement but rarely perfect.Most plastic surgeons recommend an additional healing of 2-3 months to have a true feel for your "final product",so you may continue to improve with time.Only an exam can tell for sure, but looks like from the pictures you are not lax enough for a tummy tuck.Also the contour of our tummys is only partly due to the amount of subcutaneous fat,it also depends on the tone of the fascia and ab muscles, and intra-abdominal fat that surrounds our intestines and which is not treated with lipo for obvious reasons.

Robert Savage, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Should I have had a Tummy Tuck instead of Tumescent Liposuction?

+2
Well in my opinion you need to wait at least 3 month to see your results and evaluate them. It could be that more  agressive lipo can be perform at the appropiate time.

Yvelise Bello Paredes, MD

Seeing final liposuction results takes time.

+1
Since liposuction leaves behind only tiny incisions that heal quickly, it’s easy (and common) to assume that your final results will become apparent just as fast. In reality, though, it may take a few months for all of the liposuction-related swelling to go down, for your skin to conform to your new shape and for your final results to be revealed. I would add that the best candidates for a tummy tuck show loose skin and separated abdominal muscles, neither of which seem pronounced in your figure, so it's unlikely that you made the “wrong” choice with lipo.

Frank Campanile, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

+1
Congrats on having that much fat removed. However, in order to get a flat abdomen, I would suggest a tummy tuck. This will effectively remove all of the skin from your belly button to the pubic area and more important, tighten the abdominal muscles. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD