Space Between the Pecs Needing a Patch to Hold Implant Back? (photo)

Recent BA revision to have my overs put fully under revealed that my pecs on the left side had a space between them when the implant was placed behind, and my doc said he made a patch out of my own scar tissue to patch the gap to hold the implant back. I'm curious if other docs have seen this and used this procedure. What is the recovery time before being able to massage & wear a strap to stretch the muscles so the implant drops? What is the long term success rate? PS has only seen this once.

Space Between the Pecs Needing a Patch to Hold Implant Back?

+1

Posted very poor viewed angle of your breast issue. Yes you need further surgery but best to seek ONLY in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Pocket repair

+1

Using scar tissue to repair the pocket is a relatively common technique.  Before Strattice and other acellular dermal matrices (ADMs) were available, it was the only way to repair such problems.  While it can work, the scar tissue is often not strong enough or lasts long enough to correct the problem.  ADMs have really helped with this problem.  However, there is a significant cost associated with their use.  Good luck!

Strattice for pocket

+1

Strattice or other ADM'S can be used to adjust the pocket and camouflage rippling. I am not exactly sure what you exact problem was.

Symmastia repair using capsular flap probably not as effective as Strattice ADM repair

+1

I don't have definitive clinical data to support this claim - but I've repaired a few cases of implant symmastia (the clinical condition that you described) using Strattice ADM materials and have had long-lasting results. Capsular flap repairs are the classic technique for this clinical problem, but I don't think have the longevity that Strattice or other ADM based repairs do.