Tummy Tuck After C-section, High Lateral? (photo)

I want a tummy tuck, but im not sure what other procedures i well need to have with them. I have had 3 c-sections and im currently in the process of becoming a surrogate and i well have another c-section with that. How long do I have to wait after the c-section to be able to have a tummy tuck, and what other procedures well i need with it? Also Id like my breasts larger (i had a augmentation in 2008) can that also be done at the same time? I well not become pregnant again after surrogacy.

Tummy tuck after C-section

+2

Especially around the time after childbirth, make sure you are down to your goal or ideal weight, and can maintain this. Usually, you should have a stable weight for at least 3-6 months before you have a tummy tuck to optimize your results. When you are meeting with a plastic surgeon, you should always be sure to ask what is included in a tummy tuck, as it can range from simple skin removal to repair of a rectus muscle separation and flank liposuction. Many surgeons include these procedures in one bundle, but you want to make sure you know exactly what you are paying for. Best of luck!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck After C-section and Mommy Makeovers

+1

It is good that you are planning ahead! Now is a good time to have a real heart-to-heart with yourself and decide what your goal weight is after you deliver your last child. You should be within 10 pounds or so of that weight before you have the tummy tuck. The soonest I have done a tummy tuck after a C-section is about 3 months, but it depends on how quickly you can get to your goal weight. The closer you are to that weight, the better your results can be. I frequently combine breast procedures with tummy tucks. As far as what other procedures you might need, it depends on your shape once you hit your goal. Great planning, and good luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+1

I usually recommend 3 months post delivery to allow your body to recover.  The next step would involve a consult with your plastic surgeon to evaluate your preparation for surgery.  Evaluation of your abdomen, muscle tone, any possible hernias if present, your current weight and BMI.  If you have returned to your pre-pregnancy weight and your overall body presentation make you a good and safe surgical candidate then you can explore the possibility of a tummy tuck.  I hope this info is helpful.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Tummy Tuck After C-section, High Lateral?

+1

Best practice would be to wait 6 months after delivery. If your appearance is then like it is now, your surgeon will probably recommend:

• full (or extended) tummy tuck with muscle repair
  • liposuction to the flanks.

Photos are not a substitute for an exam--and on exam, it might be (now or later) that a vertical TT (low abdomen horizontal incision plus midline vertical incision) is the better option.

At any rate, now is not the time to make a recommendation, since change is coming. Best wishes;.

+1

Yes you will need a ill Tummy Tuck with muscle repair after 6 months from pregnancy. As for breasts no photos posted. 

Time Between Pregnancy and Tummy Tuck with Other Procedures

+1

It is best to wait at least 6 months, or until you have reached a long-term stable weight after pregnancy, before undergoing breast or body contouring surgery. Based on your current pictures, it appears that you will be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery at some point.  Whether or not other procedures will be beneficial to you will depend on your physical examination and goals at that point.  

In most cases, depending on the patient's age, health status, planned duration of surgery etc.,  breast surgery can be done at the same time. Again, exactly what operation you will benefit from will depend on your physical examination after the subsequent pregnancy and your specific goals.

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.

Mommy makeover can work for you

+1

Congratulations for your baby! Most surgeons will recommend you to wait at least 6 months after pregnancy and keep your weight stable. As you had three children and waiting one you are going to need muscle repair to get a flat abdomen, liposuction and fat transfer can get wonderful results at the same time with breast lift and replacing your implants (Mommy makeover) but it is necessary that you are healthy to have all this surgeries performed. Best wishes!

Australia Fragoso Baez, MD