I Want a Tummy Tuck, but Im Not Sure What Other Procedures I Well Need to Have with it?

I want a tummy tuck, but im not sure what other procedures i well need to have with them. I have had 3 c-sections and im currently in the process of becoming a surrogate and i well have another c-section with that. How long do I have to wait after the c-section to be able to have a tummy tuck, and what other procedures well i need with it? Also Id like my breasts larger (i had a augmentation in 2008) can that also be done at the same time? I well not become pregnant again after surrogacy.

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation after c section

+2

The answer is basically yes, you can have these procedures together.  Patients are usually asked to wait at least 3 months after delivery and sometimes up to six months before undergoing a tummy tuck.  I find that the best and most contoured results can come from having these procedures all in the same setting with only one recovery and one anesthesia.  Good Luck

NEIL GOTTLIEB MD

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

A Mommy Makeover may be right for you

+1

I would definitely wait until after your last pregnancy before having a tummy tuck. The skin and muscle will contract some for several months, so it is best to wait 6 months after pregnancy before going ahead with the tummy tuck. It can be safely done sooner, but usually your body is still changing, and it best to wait until everything has stabilized to get the best result. Performing breast surgery at the same time (the full “mommy makeover”) is frequently done, and it should be safe in your case, but you should discuss it with your plastic surgeon during your consultation. Procedures longer than 5 hours should be done only with careful consideration, but a combination breast and abdominal procedure can be done within that time frame.

Thomas A. Mustoe, MD, FACS

TT Procedure After C-Section

+1

Everyone is different, but it is typically recommended to wait at least 6 months after a c-section to have a TT.  Make sure you are as close to your goal weight as possible so you can get the best result.  Yes! You can have a BAM at the same time and many patients do as it saves on cost and recovery time.  Good luck!! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after c-section

+1

it's recommended that you wait 6 months after the c-section to have a tummy tuck. And if you blood work is good we can do all procedures at one time surgery.

Manuel Diaz, MD

When to have a Tummy Tuck

+1

Sounds like you would do really well with a full tummy tuck. This procedure is performed under complete anesthesia and allows the surgeon to both tighten the skin and the muscles of the abdomen like an internal corset. In order to have the best results, it is recommended to wait at least 6 months after delivering your last child or until you have reached your dieting and weight loss  goals. 

It is very common for patients to have multiple procedures performed at the same time. This is determined based on the safety of the combined procedures and the overall health of the patient. For healthy patients, this allows for only one recovery period and saves money compared to two separate procedures.

To make the best and safest decision, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who will sit with you and discuss a detailed plan for achieving optimal results. We have both a male and female surgeon at our practice and offer free consultations. Come to your consultation armed with questions and do your homework prior to seeing your surgeon. Good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon