Likely Results for Upper Eyelid Surgery? (photo)

I am wondering if someone could tell me by looking at my photo, what sort of result I may expect from my upper eyelid surgery? Thank you for your time

Likely Results for Upper Eyelid Surgery?

+2

Your likely result will be a highly satisfied patient with removal of the skin that is giving your upper lids the heavy look.  I would not adjust your brow position surgically.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Results from Upper Eyelid Surgery

+2

Upper eyelid blepharoplasty is best performed when excess eyelid skin is present with a normal eyebrow position.  This appears to be the case for you.  In this situation a small amount of skin, muscle and occasionally fat is removed from the upper eyelids revealing more of the tarsal plate, or the skin immediately above the lash line.  This will allow eyeshadow to be applied more easily and also more visible.

Jill Hessler, MD
Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid??

+2

I've been doing nothing but facial aesthetic surgery since 1988. That's a lot of patients who have come if for the very reason you considered facial plastic surgery. In my experience the majority of patients that complain of a tired look to their upper lids it is due to inferior to medial migration of the brow into the upper eyelid area. In these patients an endoscopic browlift gives the best result. Over the years I have developed a sequential approach to browlift surgery and will, in general, do one of three different lifts depending on the preoperative anatomy of the forehead. A lateral brow lift is done for patients with heaviness of the lateral brow but a normal medial brow. A 3/4 brow lift is done for patients with a heavy lateral brow and a pinched look to the medial head of the brow. A full brow lift is performed for patients who have a heavy lateral brow, pinching of the medial head of the brow and inferior migration of the medial head of the brow. This approach yields a natural appearance to the post operative patient without that surprised look.
For the less common patient who has brows that are in the correct position and yet has excess skin and muscle in the upper eyelid area, an upper lid blepharoplasty with supratarsal fixation is all they need. Should they in addition have lowering of the upper eyelid over the cornea then they may need ptosis surgery. I would recommend visiting an eye doctor should you feel this is the case for you.
Should you have a combination brow ptosis or sagging and excess upper eyelid skin, do yourself a favor and get the brows done first and the eyelids done 3-6 months afterward. That is the approach I take and the majority of patients that I see get the brows done and are happy, they leave the upper lid alone. More is not always better. For those who decide to proceed with an upper lid bleph afterwards, I can be more precise doing it secondarily.
See a plastic surgeon that specializes in facial aesthetic surgery, get two to three opinions and go with the one you feel most comfortable. Experience is great teacher so typically find someone with a ten or so years under their belt!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty results

+2

The primary goal upper blepharoplasty is to remove mostly skin  and a little fat on the inside corner of the upper lids. The primary goal  on lower eyelid surgery is to remove the fat bags, and a little bit of excess skin on the lowers if necessary. For examples of what can be accomplished with upper and lower blepharoplasty,  please refer to the link below in the photo gallery.

Expectation after upper eyelid surgery

+2

Based on your two images, you can expect more of the upper eyelid to be exposed giving a more open look to your eyes, and it will be easier to put on make up to further enhance the eyelid appearance. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Eyelid surgery.

+2

Your photos limit my exam so I will do the best I can.The extra skin can certainly be removed to improve your appearance. In my past, I have made a new crease at the same time. It gives you a sharper look.Start with a consult from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Upper blepharoplasty

+1

Have you posted your photos after the surgery? Based on these photos, you seem to still have significant hooding. However you are still quite early after surgery. I would re-take photos at about 3 months and post them for our advice.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

A posting of your before photos would allow us to compare. Thus very hard to answer. It appears as a very conservative resection. Also you have brow ptosis which BOTOX could elevate some. 

Upper eyelids

+1

You may be a candidate for a brow lift but an exam would be essential. This may be helpful with lateral hooding and then the upper lid can be treated very conservatively.