Southern Californian Doctors Performing Calf and Ankle Liposuction?

I am strongly considering calf ankle Liposuction. I am wondering if there is anyone that has had this procedure done and if it was successful. Secondly, I am wondering if there are any doctors that anyone might know of in Southern California that have had successful results.

Southern Californian Doctors

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point for a list of qualified surgeons. Dr. George Rudkin and Dr. James Pietraszek are two possibilities. Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area to find who best meets your needs.

Calf and Ankle Liposuctions are easy to undergo and make a big difference

+1

Calf and ankle liposuctions make such a big difference and is easy for the patient and done under local anesthesia with the micro canulas. Cost is roughly $5000 and well worth it.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Using Laser-assisted Lipocontouring for calf and ankle

+1

This is a procedure that's been performed more frequently in Asian country compared to the USA. The most important factor is the examination to select out appropriate candidate. The use of very precise small caliber laser cannulae such as Accusculpt can reduce the fat portion followed by some skin tightening. This can improve contour and shape of calf and ankle. It's important not to damage the lymphatic system during the procedure and not to over skeletonize the soft tissue layer. We are rapidly gaining experience with this procedure as more and more patients in the USA are seeking this type of treatment.

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Ankle and calf liposuction

+1

Liposuction of the lower extremities can be a very safe and effective procedure for the right patient with the appropriate anatomy. By removing fat, an improved contour that either shapes the fatty tissues and/or reveals the underlying support structures that produce shapely legs (muscles, tendon) is produced. It is the anatomy that is important. I use the syringe technique that is very gentle and accurate. This technique allows for an exact removal of fat quantity that is important since the volume of fat that is removed in the calf and ankle is usually quite small so over-suctioning can be a problem.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Indication and technique

+1

Calf liposuction is successful if the pinch test reveals more than 2.5 cm of thickness. The key is to use a small cannula and the golden rule is that what you leave behind is what matters and not what you remove. Best of luck!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS