Can Laser Remove Stretch Marks?

Hi, I am desperate to remove some stretch marks on my breasts, hips, thighs, and love handle area. I've lost a lot of weight recently, I have 30 pounds more to go to reach my gw, but I'll always have these awful stretch marks. The love handle area is the worst area. I've attached pics. My stretch marks are very pink and I have pale skin, so is there a laser that can treat my stretch marks? Could the laser fade them completely? Also, what is the price of the stretch mark treatments? Thanks!

Stretch Marks and Surgical limitations

+1

Unfortunately stretch marks cannot be removed by any non-surgical method. The only way they can be removed is through surgery. Stretch marks are caused because the skin is stretched beyond its capacity to recoil. Its like a rubber band that is over stretched and can never regain its original shortened length. Any laser that claims to tighten skin has not addressed the basic physiologic problem which is a dermis that is overstretched. The laser will however help the coloration but the stretch marks themselves will persist. You have to ask yourself if the goal is stretch mark removal or if its the discoloration that bothers you. Your best option is to have them surgically remove where appropriate. Unfortunately not all areas are amenable to surgery. Visit with a plastic surgeon.

Laser and Stretch Marks

+1

There are many treatment options available for the improvement of stretch marks, such as the V-Beam, IPL, Fraxel and Pixel lasers as well as Thermage.  In certain situations, Excimer laser may work as well for the lighter skin.  V-Beam works particularly well for stretch marks that are still pink.  These treatments may be used singularly or in conjunction with topical medicines such as topical retinoids to help boost collagen production in the areas of your stretch marks.  We usually start with the Pulsed Dye laser for which we published the first abstract ever on stretch marks.  This helps the skins depression, color, elasticity and extent.  I suggest that you schedule an appointment with a board-certified dermatologist experienced in lasers for an in-person assessment.  To read some of our ground breaking work on stretch marks you can visit our web-site. 

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Pink Stretch Mark Removal

+1

Hi Dana.  We do not see any pictures attached, but we do treat red (or pink) stretch marks very successfully.  The textured kind are more challenging and white stretch marks are most difficult.  

We are located in orange, CA, offer a free consultation to start the process and you can view pictures of stretch mark treatments at the link below.  We hope to speak with you soon.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD