Can I Get Laser Hair Removal on my Pubic Area?

When I say pubic area, I don't just mean the bikini line. I mean everything, including the butt. Is that possible and safe? Also, could I get laser hair removal down there if I'm only 17? I would like to start treatments soon or relatively soon (when I turn 18), but I don't know where to find a good, safe place.

Bikini laser hair reduction/ removal

+1

great question.

the answer is yes.

laser hair reduction/ removal can safely be used on the majority of our body regions--for women and men.

since hairs, in a given area, grow at different cycles--unfortunately the procedure is not a one time event. usually appointments are scheduled about a month apart.

the procedure is relatively short and not too uncomfortable--even in this delicate area.

you will start seeing results after the first 1-2 treatments.

call your dermatology provider.

they can schedule an appointment today.

La Jolla Dermatologist

Can I Get Laser Hair Removal on my Pubic Area...

+1

Laser Hair Removal is becoming more and more common for both males and females. Women often like to have the entire bikini area treated to resemble a Brazilian wax treatment. If you are under 18 years of age you must be accompanied by a legal guardian to have the treatment done. You may need anywhere from 4-5 sessions about 6 weeks apart for the treatment to fully work.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair removsl therapy

+1
Hair removal treatments can be done anywhere on the body. We do 4 treatments one month apart. This usualky takes care of the majority of hair follicles. You may however need another treatment in 6 months for residual hairs.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I do Pubic Area for Laser Hair Removal?

+1

Hi Dana.  Yes, you can do the pubic area for laser hair removal and this is one of the most common treatments we do.  We usually perform 6 - 8 treatments to achieve 75% - 95% permanent hair removal.  Important questions to ask are what type of laser is being used and how much experience the practice has.  Many patients ask only about price instead of asking about the lasers or the experience.  Diode and Alexandrite lasers are commonly used for Caucasians, Hispanics and Asians while Nd:Yg (Yag) are used for African Americans.  We have three different types so that we can easily treat all skin types AND minimize the number of treatments while maximizing the % of permanent hair loss.  

We are located not too far away in Orange, CA and would be happy to offer you a free consultation to start the process.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Laser hair removal for full bikini

+1

Yes, you can have your entire pubic region treated - it's called a full Brazillian, and includes the full bikini, the sides of the labia, and into the buttocks. You can be treated for laser hair removal at technically any age, but if you are younger than 18, you need your parents to consent to it. Find a medical office with a physician who actively participates in your care.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD