Implants After Breast Reduction? (photo)

Hello Doctors. I had a breast reduction 2 1/2 years ago. I'm wondering if adding a small implant (to give me the upper fullness) would be a good idea? What additional scars would I have? Would that make me likely to sag in the near future? I've included before/after photos for your review. Thanks ever so kindly. :)

Breast imlants can give you upper pole fullness.

+2

Hi.

1)  In my opinion, only a particular type of breast lift (Lejour technique) can give you long term upper fulness, and this may not be possible because of your previous reduction.

2)  So implants are a reasonable option.  No additional scars.

Breast Implants After Breast Reduction?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your “plan” seems quite reasonable;  if you wish to increase breast size/fullness,  especially upper pole volume, breast augmentation surgery may be a good option for you. Assuming you are pleased with the position of your breasts on your chest wall, additional breast lifting will likely not be necessary. If, on the  happened, you feel like you have some “sagging” present, breast lifting may be helpful, along with breast augmentation surgery.

I would suggest that you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.  In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures very helpful during this communication process.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about options.

Breast implants after breast

+2

The photos provided make it look like you did not have a whole lot of breast tissue removed. I would recommend an implant only if you want to be larger. It is possible to add an implant for upper pole fullness while reducing the breast tissue to some degree but this gets a little risky when you have had a previous breast reduction. You have relatively large breasts so it will take a fairly good sized implant to fill the upper pole like I suspect you want. Remember... The bigger they are the harder they fall. 

Mary Gingrass, MD

Implants after reduction

+2

Implants after breast reduction is a reasonable approach to gaining upper pole fullness. Your photos are difficult to evaluate but it looks as though a repeat lift in addition to an implant would give you a superior result. This could be done with no new scars.

Another thought would be to perform fat transfer to the upper pole of the breast and avoiding an implant completely. This has the advantage of body contouring with liposuction usually from the flanks or abdomen.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to help you understand your options. Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants after breast reduction

+2

Breast implants will provide more fullness on the upper pole of the breast and may give you a volumetric improvement in breast shape. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast fullness after reduction

+2

After breast reduction the skin often sags again. When this happens the upper pole fullness that was initially present often decreases. This can be regained with a breast lift through the same incisions you already have. If you like your size in a bra then this is the way to go. If you truly desire to be larger again then implants could correct this. Looking at your photos, I believe that your breasts are large enough for your body and would simply elect to do a mastopexy (breast lift). This second tightening of the skin is most often a longer lasting result than the first time around. Good luck!

William LoVerme, MD

Implants After Breast Reduction

+2

Having breast implants will not cause sagging.  Your surgeon will go in through one of your breast reduction scars for the breast augmentation.  You should not have any additional scaring.  Try on sizers in your Plastic Surgeon's office to see if you would want the extra volume.  Based on your photos, I think you have a nice result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Upper pole fullness

+1

The only practical way to get fullness in the upper half of the breast is with breast implants. The scars from your breast reduction surgery can be used for the augmentation. If you choose an implant that is not excessively large, you should not have to deal with any excessive sagging. This would also give you an opportunity to correct any asymmetry issues that you might have and do some additional shaping to the breasts.

Dr. Douglas Hargrave

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Implants After Breast Reduction?

+1

Implants can be placed to increase superior pole fullness.   The previous scars can be used for access.  No new scars will be necessary.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations, breast lifts, and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast reduction and impla

+1

As far as your size is concerned I think you have a good size currently and adding implants could make you appear heavy.  Also, the implants may give you superior fullness for a while, but they will eventually sag and stretch out your breast requiring more surgery.  You have a decent result, leave is a.one for now.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD