Would It Really Make a Difference Between 450cc Moderate Plus Silicone or 475cc? (photo)

I am 5'1 and around 113lbs. I have had 2 kids and breastfed both. I got up to a 36D while nursing so I stretched out a lot and then have gone down to an empty 34B. I want to look nice and full but don't want to look fat or out of proportion with the rest of my body. I went from 425 to 450 and now thinking about 475...just wondering if it really makes a big difference? I am planning on going under the pec as well. Thanks

450 cc vs 475cc

+2

Thank you for your question. There is not much difference in this 2 sizes, though you might feel you fit better in your bra with the 475 cc there really won't be a visible difference. Some times women have one breast slightly bigger than the other, so using different size implants could help with the symmetry of the breast.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Aesthetics are more important than sheer size

+2

Implant size should be based on aesthetics.  Bigger is not always better.  Difference between 450 cc and 475 cc is 25 cc, mathematically not much.  However psychologically it may make bigger difference to you than real difference between implants.

However on your photograph one breast seems to be smaller.  If that indeed is the case you may go to 450 cc on one side and 475 cc on your smaller side. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

25cc less than 2 tablespoons

+2

25cc is nearly imperceptable to even a trained eye, and most woman's breast will fluctuate that much with your monthly cycle. The cc's are largely irrelevant, its dimensional planning and base width that will affect the shape and prettiness of yur breast far more. Do not fixate on the cc's.

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast size

+2

25 cc is not really a big difference . 475 cc might get you to DD , since you are only 5.1 and 113 lbs  , it could look bigger than you expect .

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Would It Really Make a Difference Between 450cc Moderate Plus Silicone or 475cc?

+2

25 cc is less than two tablespoons. I doubt that if your surgeon put a 450 in one side, and a 475 in the other that either of you could tell the difference. 

All the best.

Breast Augmentation: Q&AAsk a Question

+2

Going up 25 cc will not make much of a difference at all.  If you want more projection, you may want to consider going from a moderate plus implant to a high profile implant.  You can stay with an implant that has the same base diameter but more projection.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

+1

My personal rule of thumb is Always go larger than you chose. So from the description I might suggest a 500 cc HP implant. Best to discuss IN PERSON with your chosen surgeon. 

+1

I would recommend trying on sizers in the office.  You may want to go with an implant about 50 cc larger than you like to account for the blunting effect of the muscle on the implant.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

450 vs 475 cc implants

+1

A 25 cc difference in implants will not make a big difference overall in the appearance of the breasts.

25 ml Difference Not Noticeable

+1

Thank you for your photo. 25 ml does not make much of a difference. A difference since can be seen at 50 ml. Your photos show that you have some asymmetry. I may recommend a saline implants in that case because they are adjustable. I do a lot of silicone implants. But with asymmetry cases I like the flexibility saline gives me.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS