Breast Lift with or Without Implants? (photo)

I am scheduled for a MM (FTT and breast lift) in late August. In your professional opinions, do I need implants with the lift? I am content with the size of my breasts when I am wearing a properly fitted bra and in clothes, but am concerned that I will lose too much from the lift. I am 37, 5'7" 147 pounds. Last year, I started exercising regularly and lost about 25 pounds. My breasts became much less full, and have a tendancy to "run away on me". Before, I was a 38D. Now, I wear a 36D.

BL&BA vs BL and possible later BA

+3

I recommend staging the 2 operations.  You always get better scars if you first do a lift and later augmentation (there is less tension across the scars if they heal without the weight of an implant on top of them).  Additionally, the breasts can be "perkier" with the staged augmentation.  Make sure you look thru photo galleries of the combined procedure vs those that were done in a staged fashion, and see if you notice the difference.

Best regards,

Dr.B

Breast lift with or without implants

+3

Getting a lift with augmentation is really up to you.  A breast lift will only remove excess skin and does not give you the upper pole fullness that most women are hoping to achieve, only an implant can do that.  If you are not sure, remember that you can always add a small implant later after you live with your lift for a while.  Of course that requires a second surgery and recovery time, but you may be perfectly happy with the lift alone.  Look at photos with and without implants and talk with your surgeon but only you can make that decision.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implants with beast lift

+3

I would recommend implants with a mastopexy. The problem with just a breast lift is it leaves the breasts somewhat flat and without shape. When you add an implant, the breast has much better contour and projection. You can use a small implant if you don't want to increase your size much.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2

The decision to have implants is a personal one. In my past, I have recommended the implants because the results are better. The patients are perkier with more clevage and fullness. Also, the lift holds longer and better. You do not need large implants at the time of the lift. Try a couple sizes on for your own choice and pick one that fits you. All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with or without implants

+2

A breast lift alone only removes skin, so the breasts will not be smaller but breast lifts alone often do not maintain fullness in the upper part of the breasts. Small implants may help if that is what you want but implants also add size. Sometimes implants will re-inflate the breast if the skin envelope is loose, so less of a lift (with shorter scars) can be done. Another option might be some fat grafting to the upper part of the breast but this would not change the type of lift needed.

Richard Baxter, MD

Implants of Just Breast Lift?

+2

You stated that you are content with the size of your breast.  Breast implants are fillers and add volume to your breast.  The breast lift will reshape your breast while returning the breast tissue to the proper location on your chest.  I recommend that you try on sizers in the Plastic Surgeon's office while discussing your options.  You may find that you are happy to just have a lift. If you are unsure, breast implants can be added later.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss all your options and concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Modest ptosis of the breast can often times be corrected by a breast implant only.

+2

From the picture if larger breasts are desired I think that alone will make the breasts look youthful. Mastopexy will not be necessary in the incisions ago with it.

Breast with or without implants

+2

Thanks    for  the   pictures ,    you  present   a combination of ptosis  and   hyptrophy,  my recomendation  is    to   have   both    procedures  a  breast  augmentation    with   an implant  of   300 cc  or  325cc   and  a  breast    lift,   if   you  are  not  looking    for a   full  cup   300 cc     will be   a  good  option ,  the goal  of  implant   is to  give  a  nice    shape     and    to   fill the   upper  poles  of breast .

Cynthia Disla, MD

Breast lift with or without implants

+2

Although it is very difficult to give you a definitive answer just looking at your pictures and not examining you in person, it appears you would benefit from an implant and a lift. As far as an implant alone without a lift, the usual thing you look for is the nipple level compared to the fold under the breast. If the nipple is above or at that level, you can get away with using an implant alone. Adding a lift (it looks like you would be a candidate for a circumareolar or circumvertical lift) would give you a somewhat "perkier" and tighter result with a higher nipple level and smaller areola. The implant is going to lift and fill out your breast much more than a lift alone. From looking at your pictures it appears to me a lift alone would give you a very modest result. Therefore, with all of this in mind, you need to feel comfortable that your plastic surgeon has discussed with you the advantages and disadvantages of these procedures and understands your goals.

Brian D. Kent, MD
Tulsa Plastic Surgeon

+2

Very hard to advise over the internet. I might do the full lifting in the first operation. allow 3 months of healing than offer a second implant surgery. Just a thought!