Tummy Tuck With Minimal Scarring and Belly Button Repair?

I have loose lower abdominal skin and sagging belly button and extra skin on belly button. I want to have no visible scar if I wear a bikini and I'd like my belly button repaired but one doc j went to said the skin on my upper abdominal wont stretch without showing my old belly button scar, do have any reccomendations?

Tummy tuck with minimal scarring

+2

An incision in the bikini line is the goal of all the tummy tucks that I perform.  There are a small group of patients such as yourself however who simply do not have enough extra skin to make this possible.  It sounds like this is the warning given to you by another surgeon.  I would seek additional opinions but if that is the case, I would not recommend a tummy tuck because I think you will not be pleased with the results.

What to do when your belly button doesn't reach your mons?

+2

You have an issue that only you can decide upon what the best solution is... and what scars you are willing to accept.  To avoid scarring (around the belly button and below it), you could have an umbilical float lowering your belly button about an inch.  However, this does limit the amount of skin that can be removed from above the belly button so if you have a lot there, this will not produce a good result.  The other option is accept the scarring and pull down as much as possible with a full tuck.  And finally, you could consider giving up your belly button and having one reconstructed later at your desired location to minimize the sometimes bad scar the heals around bully buttons when having a tuck.  Talk to your surgeon about these options and pick what will work best for you.

Tummy tuck scar

+2

If you have loose skin in your upper abdomen, then it sounds like you need a full tummy tuck and will ultimately have a scar around your umbilicus.

Minimla Scar Tummy Tuck

+2

The tone of your inquiry suggests a fundamental concern about any form of a tummy tuck in your case. The issue of scarring is obviously a major concern and any type of tummy tuck involves a scar. The only type of tummy tuck that can have a very low scar and no scar around the belly button is a  mini-tummy tuck. Whether that operation will produce enough of an improvement must be carefully considered. Very often when choosing a tummy tuck with less scar one may also be chosoing less of a result as well.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/tummy.html

Tummy Tuck With Minimal Scarring and Belly Button Repair

+2

You would likely get more usable advice if you would consider adding some photos to your posting. 

When a "standard" TT is done, an incision is made around the navel, which remains where it is, and another is made in the lower abdomen, under the bikini line. Ideally, when the surgeon is ready to close, the skin from the upper abdomen to the navel will reach all the way to the main incision, and the circular hole from the navel is removed with the rest of the excess skin. If there is not enough excess to do this, that hole must be sutured, leaving an additional scar, a vertical one, on the lower abdomen.

Some patients in whom that is likely may be considered for a lower TT, in which there is no incision at the navel, but also no correction of the upper abdomen or the navel if needed.  Others may be candidates for an umbilical float, where no incision is made around the navel, but the navel is lifted off the abdomen and is repositioned a bit lower. Those may or may not be possibilities that you can consider with your surgeon.

But getting rid of extra skin around the navel with no incision is not going to be a possibility without some compromises.

All the best. 

Bikini might cover tummy tuck scar

+2

Whenever possible I believe that a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) scar should be placed low enough to be covered by a bikini. For a full tummy tuck a scar around the belly button is unavoidable but it can be very inconspcuous. I have many patients who are comfortable wearing a 2 piece swimsuit but of course every case needs to be assessed individually to set the right expectations.

Scars

+1

It is not possible to have a tummy tuck to remove excess skin of the periumbilical area or lower abdomen without scars