Menstrual cycle and Surgery Date?

Well being in your menstrual cycle at the time of your schedule interfere with your surgery date if you are getting a tummy tuck and a Brazilian butt lift?

Menstrual cycle and Surgery Date?

+1

In most cases, this is really not an issue. If there a problem with increased frequency of bleeding or amount, you may need additional examination, but this is unusual.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Your period

+1

Do not worry - the timing of your period is of no relevance to your surgery. You need to control the things that you can and not worry about the things that you cannot.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Menstrual cycle and Surgery Date

+1

There is no medical reason to worry about having this type of surgery during your menstrual cycle. Good luck with surgery!

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Menstrual cycle should not affect surgery

+1

Let me add the caveat that you should not use tampons as they can be implicated in toxic shock syndrome. Also, please keep in mind that the use of aspirin or other medications for menstrual cramps may be prohibited by your plastic surgeon as they will increase bleeding Finally, keep in mind that anesthesia can affect your menstrual periods in a variety of ways so this may be a moot issue.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Menstruation and Surgery #tummytuck

+1

This should not be a problem in that there is no reason to cancel your surgery. It will not affect your result. Just make sure the team is aware and that they are ok with proceeding, but I can not imagine why they would not.

Richard J. Brown, MD