Will Nose Surgery Be More Difficult for my Crooked Nose? (photo)

I know the picuters are not so good, but my nose is crooked and very prominent for my face. With my nose being so assymetrical, will this complicate surgery and/or would this be more expenisve?

Rhinoplasty for Crooked Nose

+4

Your particular nose does not look to be as difficult to improve as others with other causes for the crooked nature.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Twisted noses can be difficult to repair

+2

A severely twisted nose can be a challenge to repair.  The cost of the work may vary depending on what must be done to achieve the results your desire.  There are well established techniques to improve a nose like yours.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Nose Surgery Be More Difficult for my Crooked Nose?

+2

A simply answer is YES. But all rhinoplasties are complex operations. So see in person a boarded doctor to explain the operation in detail to you. Fees range from $5,000 to $10,000. 

Rhinoplasty and crooked nose

+2

Certainly a crooked nose adds a dimension of complexity to the rhinoplasty but this is a common occurrence.

Difficulty Correcting a Crooked Nose

+2

Correcting a crooked, asymmetrical nose is a challenging procedure but you will have an excellent result as long as you select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. I understand your anxiety but I encourage you to seriously consider the surgery - the results should be very satisfying.

Twisted and projecting nose

+2

The rhinoplasty procedure involves  making the nose more symmetrical by way of osteotomies, a spreader graft on the concave side, reducing the overall projection the  nose and refinement of the tip, and reducing any dorsal hump. this can all be done through closed rhinoplasty techniques under brief general anesthetic.Please see the  link below  for noses similar  to your own

Nasal asymmetry

+2

Most noses have some asymmetry.  This can usually be corrected in most cases with standard techniques but may never be perfectly symmetric.  From your pictures you should have a good result with the right surgeon.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Nose surgery is not more difficult with the large nose.

+2

Nose surgery is not more difficult with the large nose. The cost is the same. The rest of your face is very pretty and you should have a great improvement IF you go to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses.

Rhinoplasty for deviated/ crooked nose

+2

Hello 'S0URPATCH', thanks for your question.  Every nose is different and unique, and a well-executed rhinoplasty surgery can provide many positive, aesthetic improvements to each nasal contour and shape.  Although every individual who seeks a rhinoplasty has their own concerns and goals, some of the more common areas that are improved upon are a poorly-defined bulbous and boxy tip, deviated nasal bone/ septum, weak columellar support leading to a droopy tip, wide nasal dorsum, and a prominent dorsal hump.  I understand the concerns you have with your nose, but I would not say these qualities will 'complicate' surgery, but rather are the basis for having the surgery performed.  Rhinoplasty in general can be an intricate and challenging procedure for any plastic surgeon, but with the proper training and experience, significant improvements can be made with your and every other patient's nose.  As far as expense goes, every practice sets their own fees, and there can be a wide range of costs from doctor to doctor.  However, I would warn you not to price-shop and choose the cheapest doctor to perform your rhinoplasty because frequently you get what you pay for. Be sure you only go to a board-certified plastic surgeon because there are many self-proclaimed 'cosmetic surgeons' these days who barely have any training in plastic surgery at all.  Hope that helps! -Dr.92660

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a crooked nose

+2

Thanks for the photos and question. Rhinoplasty is an intricate surgery which requires specialized training and experience. However, I would say that your nose would probably be relatively straightforward for a rhinoplasty specialist, from what I can see in these photos. I wouldn't expect your cost to be higher than average. The deviation of your nose is predominantly the upper portion, caused by your nasal bones being shifted to your left. This deviation of the nasal bones is often the result of a prior nasal fracture (broken nose). Straightening the nasal bones would involve shaving off your hump with an osteotome or rasp and making controlled fractures on each side of the nose, where the nasal bones meet the cheeks. These are called lateral osteotomies. These fractures, made through the inside of the nose, allow the surgeon to push the nasal bones towards the middle, which can both straighten and narrow them.

For the rest of your nose, you could ask your surgeon to computer imaging during your rhinoplasty consultation, to convey your own aesthetic goals and allow him or her to let you know what would be realistic and attractive given your anatomy and other facial features. Your tip could be lifted and brought a bit closer to your face, as it seems to droop slightly. This is typically worse with smiling. Also, the bridge could be made straight, slightly convex, or slightly concave, depending on your preference. Lastly, if you have any difficulty breathing, you could have a deviated septum, large turbinates, or narrow internal valves. If any of these anatomic features are present and you haven't noticed an improvement in your breathing with medical therapy (antihistamines, nasal steroid sprays), insurance coverage may help offset some of the cost of your surgery. 

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon