How Can I Get Rid of Loose Sagging Skin After Misplaced Juvederm Plus? (Photos)

I just turned 30, and ten months ago I made the mistake of going to medspa where I was injected with two vials of juvederm plus throughout my face (lips, cheeks and smile). Within a week I noticed lumps and swelling which never fully resolved. I tried having it dissolved with hylurindase with two well known doctors in my area four times with little improvement. Now I am left with saggy skin (I didnt have deep wrinkles before). What can be done to correct this?

Sagging Skin After Juvederm

+1

Sagging skin after Juvederm can be a side effect due to the expansion of the skin and then the disolving of the skin. I recommend using good skin care (retinol, growth factors, etc.) to stimulate the skin to become healthy again.

Loose skin after Juvederm treatment?

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear you are not happy with the results of your treatment. In general, the side effects of treatment with Juvederm plus may include the following:

1) Lumps or bumps
2) Redness
3) Bruising
4) Swelling

Hyaluronidase is generally a good option when you are looking to dissolve filler that is present. But dissolving filler does not likely lead to sagging skin. The skin elasticity is great enough such that sagging will be avoided following a filler treatment.  There is such a small increase in volume and the skin should not stretch. How long has it been since your hyaluronidase treatment? I would give it a bit of time and see how your condition improves. If necessary, there are in-office treatments that can help improve skin contour. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Can I Get Rid of Loose Sagging Skin After Misplaced Juvederm Plus?

+1

I do not appreciate a lot of loose skin in the 10 month picture.  I would seek out in-person consultations to determine what is best based upon facial changes with and without animation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA   

Bad MedSpa Injectable Filler Experience; Now How to Correct Loose, Saggy Skin

+1

Hi D,

The current best non-surgical lifting and tightening treatment for loose, sagging skin is Ultherapy by Ulthera.  I would evaluate your face in person and then determine whether you would be a good candidate for the treatment.  Another consideration would be properly placed filler by an expert physician injector.  I am sorry that you had to learn the Medspa lesson of inexperienced injectors the hard way.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

How Can I Get Rid of Loose Sagging Skin After Misplaced Juvederm Plus

+1

Injections are an art, and should never been done by inexperienced injectors. Unfortunately, it happens all the time. Are you positive you had Juvederm? Four rounds of hyaluronidase is a lot, but it can take a few rounds to get it all out - you should have seen more than "a little" improvement though. In your 10 months post filler picture it appears that you don't have any of the overfill anymore, and you just have smile and NLF lines left, since the Juvederm is gone. Which you said you went in to have filled, so I am assuming you had these before? It would be helpful if we could see your before photos because it's hard to comment on your sagging skin, without knowing what was there to begin with.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD