How can I treat the fines under my eyelids? (Photo)

I recently noticed that I have fine lines under my eyelids. Are there cosmetic procedures or products I should be considering to address these lines?

The lines can be improved

+1
The fine lines under your eyes can be improved in different ways. First, consider a good eye cream with growth factors such as Lumiere Bio-restorative Eye Cream with PSP. This eye cream helps smooth the appearance of fine lines around the delicate eye area and and helps firm and hydrate the area. Another option is an eye cream with retinol. With consistent use, you should see a reduction of fines lines in the delicate eye area. In addition, you should always apply sunscreen and wear sunglasses to protect the delicate skin. If the fine lines are also visible at the outer sides of your eyes, Botox treatment is also a good consideration.

Orange County Dermatologist

Prevention of Skin Aging

+1
You have early solar aging of the skin. Some of this is manifested by mild crinkling. However, the major indication of sun damage in you is the significant irregularity of color on your skin. At this point, you need nothing done to reverse the problem. What you need is protective measures to prevent further damage. Start with good skin care. This consists of cleansing, use of something to remove the thickened outer dead cell layer caused by the sun (daily alpha hydroxyl or regular microdermabrasions or peels), something to restore the skin's protective layer (Vitamin-C or another antioxidant) and a daily UVA sun block (I believe the most practical is clear Zinc Oxide). Do not use a moisturizer as it weights down the skin and tends to cause more wrinkles. By removing the dead cells, your skin will shortly regain its natural moisture. If your skin does not improve with time, there are some things that can be done to further rejuvenate it.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Early fine lines under eyes

+1
You have very early wrinkles so there is no need to do anything drastic.  Gentle daily moisturizer, perhaps containing natural products such as Niacin, may solve your problem.
 Daily sunscreen use should help to prevent it from worsening and if you do not get sufficient improvement, then consult a dermatologist who can prescribe a gentle retinoid cream which should make things much better.  You are premature for Botox or fillers.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist