Will Juvederm Plus Overfill and Hyaluronidase Cause Permanent Damage? How Can I Correct the Damage? (photo)

More information needed for your individual case

+1

When was this treatment done? Have you already had Hyaluronidase? What area are you wanting to reverse? Best of luck.

Juvederm and overfill?

+1

If you feel that you were overfilled, it can be reversed with hyaluronidase. If you just had filler, then I would give it two weeks to settle down first.

Overfiled with Juvederm

+1

I'm sorry. I'm looking at your photos though and really can't see any major issue... Swelling and bruising from Juvederm can last for up to about 2 weeks, and Juvederm does pull more water to itself than other fillers so I find that patients think they are overfilled with this product, more than other fillers, and then things settle down. Since I don't know when your treatment was done, how much was injected, or what specifically you think is overfilled, I will say this: if you don't like the filler, yes, it can be removed with hyaluronidase. I try to be conservative with hyaluronidase so you may need more than one round of injections to fully get rid of the filler, but it is possible to remove and removing it won't cause permanent damage. It will simply take out the overfilled filler you don't like.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Juvederm and Hyaluronidase administration

+1

Hyaluronidase is the enzyme used to eat up hyaluronic acid in situations where a patient is unhappy with their end aesthetic result. What area of the lip are you concerned about for long term damage? When was the procedure performed? If you are unsatisfied after an initial Hyaluronidase injection, you may need a second treatment. Best of luck.