I Can't Stand This Compression Garment Any Longer?

I am 5 days post op from smart lipo on my abs and flanks. I am slightly bruised on my back and vagina area, sore to only the touch, and swollen a bit. I have noticed that I am swollen to the size I was pre-op but nothing too big. This garment is more of a pain than anything else! It has rubbed my incision areas raw and is just uncomfortable. My dr said it was ok to remove it but I want to make sure that it wont have a negative effect on my final results.

+1

I perform about 300 liposuction procedures on the abdomen, flanks, and back each year, and I think that an adjustable garment makes the most sense so that patients can adjust the level of tension.  If the garment is not adjustable and there is pain, I would make sure that the surgeon examines you.  Sometimes the garment can be padded or loosened or changed to another.  Get input from your surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Compression garment

+1

The compression garment is supposed to be tight, and may not always be comfortable. If you can tolerate it for a week long that would be best if not you can always wear spanx to ease the comfort.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Flanks

+1

You really need to wear the garment for at least two weeks. Try soft material under it. If nothing works go to Spanks

David A. Bray, Sr., MD