Fraxel CO2 and Dermabrasion For Scarring After Cystic Acne?

I am 28 female.. I suffered for many many years from severe cystic acne. I eventually cleared up and was left w/ bad scarring on my cheeks, temples & random spots. The acne also created a sunken cheek on my left side. Well, today I went to a really highly recommended plastic surgeon, who does laser treatments, He said to do, fat injections first, then fraxel CO2 & Dermabrasion. Any suggestions? I'm in fort lauderdale, Help! This sounds to extreme!

Fractional CO2 for Acne scarring

+2

I LOVE treating acne scars with fractional CO2.  Having not met with you or seen your photos, I can not provide you with a specific plan.  However, as a dermatologist, I feel so fortunate to have the current fractionated devices at my disposal for the treatment of acne scarring.  Generally, two to four treatments are required, and skin color must considered when creating an individual's treatment plan.  My office is also in South Florida and I would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

Hollywood Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat Injections for Scarring

+1

Thank you for your question. Fat injections and other filler treatments can help plump up any sunken appearance. It can be very effective and combining this with laser procedures can provided added benefits with skin texture. If your surgeon is Board Certified, and has expertise in acne and acne scarring,  then you should be in good experienced hands and the good recommendations  from friends are  good validation. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Hello

+1

In our practice we have a few different solutions for your acne scars and pigmentation. We have DOT laser/ Profractional laser or a VIPEEL... Without examining you it’s hard to give adequate advice on what procedure would be the best for you. You should see a PS to give you the best option for your situation. Online you can read about all the procedure that is available to you.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Bad acne scarring and how to treat it

+1

This is extreme but if you go at it with more superficial treatments you may get disappointed. I would however look at his results before choosing him. I believe in a multilayered approach with co2 laser resurfacing.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon