Currently a Flat 38B After Breastfeeding. Plan to Get 600-650cc Saline with a Lollipop Lift. What Size Should I Expect? (photo)

I DO NOT want anything bigger than a DD!

Breast size (bra size) after augmentation

+3

The best way for you to understand what size you are going to be is to try sizers on in your surgeon's office before the surgery. You can wear your regular blouse over that, and see pretty much exactly the size you will be. Going by bra size is not accurate, as all bra manufacturers are different, and what one will call a D another will call a DD, etc.  Good luck!

Matthew Concannon MD

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with an augmentation

+3

It sounds like you have a good plan and should get a nice result.  I am not sure that you will need or desire an implant as large as you have indicated.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to help you select an implant to match your body proportions and meet your expectations.  

Breast aug post preg

+2

That is a big implant fopr you and you may not need a lift or at best a donut mastopexy.You have enough breast tissue that saline is okay but I still feel silicone is the better choice.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Final cup size after breast augmentation mastopexy

+2

It is difficult to exactly answer your question as the final cup size is a total of how much breast tissue you start with and the volume of the implant.  Also, your surgeon may sculpt and remove some breast tissue in areas where it doesn't add to the final shape (to the side and underneath)...this would require a larger implant.  Discuss these issues with your plastic surgeon.  Ask to see examples of your surgeons' work.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Oversized implant and a lift.

+1

For a 600-650cc implant in a B cup breast and a planned mastopexy, I would hope you are planning on staging these two procedure. Those are considerably large implants and the lift either may not be necessary, or at worst may lead to significant complications. It is impossible to give you a "size" without an exam, but you certainly would be considerably larger. To help choose implant size, we use an office sizing system which allows women to see what different sized implants will look like and have helped our patients feel confident about their choice.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

600-650salne a DD?

+1

It is hard to know what size you will be because DD in one bra manufacturer is very different than a DD in another manufacturer. An open conversation with your plastic surgeon should put you at ease. Some plastic surgeon have sizers to demonstrate an approximate size for you but it should not be taken as an exact measurement.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

+1

Sounds like a plan. But I might offer you a two stage operative event. Do the implants first to see if a L-shaped is really needed. Than after 3 months if you decide to have the lift than do it. Just another view. 

What Size Should I Expect?

+1

There are no fixed standards for cup size, and many patients seem to fit into bras of 3 different cup sizes. When choosing implants for my patients, my preference is to use sizers, and find a size the patient finds satisfactory, and to use that info to choose what will be appropriate. 

Many estimate a cup size increase for every 150-250 cc of implant. 

All the best.