4days Post Op and my Right Breast Feels Much Looser and Feels Like It Has Excess Air in the Pocket... Is This Normal? (photo)

Due to excess tissue in my left breast my lollipop was changed to a small anchor. I've been having muscles spasms for two days and now this minor pain and concern in right breast(lollipop). Left breast still pretty stiff in pocket. (Right not as stiff)...worried!

Early post-op lift and augmentation

+2

At four days out, some pain is abdsolutely normal. If more severe on one side then it is worth a trip to your surgeon.

4days Post Op and my Right Breast Feels Much Looser and Feels Like It Has Excess Air in the Pocket.

+2

Always best to see your surgeon with these early post operative issues. Over the internet we can offer mild reassurances. 

Asymmetric postop pain

+2

That the pain, consistency, and appearance are somewhat different if pretty much the rule this early after surgery.There can be some air in the pocket this early--it got there via the incision, and it will be resorbed by 10 days or so. 

Sounds like you need reassurance!--best source will be your surgeon. All the best. 

4 days after surgery

+2

Since your are only 4 days after surgery, swelling and tightness is common. Muscle spasms may be related to placing the implant behind the muscle, and should settle down with time. You have two different breasts, and they did not have the exact procedure, so it is not unsual they have show some differences right now. I would suggest discussing your concerns with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Right breast "looser" than the left

+2

It is not uncommon to have asymmetric pain and tightness between the right and left breasts after breast augmentation, especially 4 days postop. As you heal, your tissues will stretch and both sides will start to feel better. Give it time. If you still have concerns, follow up with your plastic surgeon for an examination. Thank you for sharing your photos. Congratulations on your surgery. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Acute post-op issues

+1

should always be addressed by your surgeon or his/her staff, whom you entrusted with your body, to have this done.  You should never feel you are bothering your surgeon when you have questions or anxieties about how you are healing.  Presumably, you paid a good sum to have your surgery done and if your surgeon is bothered by this, then you didn't choose well.  What you describe is 'normal' but keep your surgeon updated with your concerns and your surgeon should address them.

Curtis Wong, MD

Healing normally after a breast augmentation / lift

+1

Your healing seems quite normal for 4 days post op.  There will always be differences in healing from side to side.  

4days Post Op and my Right Breast Feels Much Looser and Feels Like It Has Excess Air in the Pocket... Is This Normal?

+1

Your pictures show no major problems and a good post operative result. One breast always hurts more than the other, one is always tighter, etc. This is normal post op healing. The air is also normal for a few weeks-it will just go away with time.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon