Does a Tummy Tuck Scar Settle Lower in the Pubic Area After It Heals? (photo)

Position of tummy tuck scar

+2

is usually determined by where your incision is made within your mons.  Your doctor should have considered the style swimsuits or underwear you like to wear to help determine the best level of your incision.  If anything does happen in the long run, it will likely rise a little.  Your wound will improve in appearances as you heal.  Good luck with getting the result you expected.

Tummy tuck scars usually don't get lower with time

+2

A tummy tuck scar, if it migrates at all, will usually migrate higher.  Usually the tighter the pull on the tummy the higher it will get.  

Dev Wali, MD

Placement of tummy tuck scar

+2
Generally, the scar will stay on or close to its current location but, of course, it will settle down. Scar positioning is dependent, in part, on your starting point and anatomy. It looks like an excellent result and I hope that the surgery fulfilled your goals.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Revising tummy tuck scar

+2

Dear Lotus5.   In addition to what's been said below, I would add that you may consider having a revision done to lower the scar, but I would recommend you wait at least 3-6 months.  If a revision is  done, deep anchoring sutures can be placed to keep the scar from migrating back up to it's original position.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck incision will stay where it is

+2

Whether too high, too low, or just right, the tummy tuck scar will stay where it is after the healing process. Correct preoperative planning is the key.

Tummy Tuck and Incision Placement

+2

I would say that your early results are good.  The incision will remain about where it is.  You should realize that if a huge amount of skin was taken to get the old belly button out, then the scar will tend to be a little high.  However, to prevent that, the doctor would have needed to have left a small vertical incision.

Final incision location

+2

Thank you for the question and photo.  The final location of the horizontal incision will either tend to maintain its current location or migrate slightly higher.  This is all dependent on several factors including how much tension has been placed on the closure of the incision.  At this time I would continue to allow your body to heal.  Once healing has been completed you can re-evaluate the location and quality of the incision.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck scar. Where will it wind up?

+2

Thanks for the photo.  The final scar can depend on what the surgeon had to work with before the operation (how much skin needed to be removed, etc;).  Some migration of the scar can take place as it settles in.  It most likely will be fairly close to where it is now.  It should fade with time.  Please let your Plastic Surgeon know yur concerns. 

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Tummy tuck

+2

Usually the scar does not move much, but depending on the tightness of the skin and elasticity, it is possible it will go down a small amount.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Does a Tummy Tuck Scar Settle Lower in the Pubic Area After It Heals

+2

I am not sure that I understand the question here. 

Where the scar is now is likely where it will be in six months. Sometimes if the skin closure is exceptionally tight, the scar may migrate, usually upward. Best to discuss this question with your surgeon. Thanks best wishes.