How Long Should I Expect to Need Keeping a Marble in my New B.b.?

Several weeks...

+1

You can't place the marble (preferably silicone gel) into the healing belly button for several weeks until the incision is already "dry" which is usually approximately two weeks after surgery.  At that point, patients that need it or want a slightly larger, rounder belly button use the silicone gel marble under their Spanx or other garments for anywhere from several weeks to several months.  Most patients don't need to use a button at all!!!

Tummy tuck marble

+1

I also do not use marbles but using a marble is to keep your umbilicus (belly button) from constricting down or getting too small.  Any type of scars takes 6 weeks to get the strongest it's going to get and then the scar begins to mature after that.  For this reason, you shouldn't have to keep it longer than 6 weeks.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Marble in New Belly Button

+1

Personally, I do not use marbles in my practice. You should ask your surgeon what he/she recommends since they recommended it. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Using a marble in belly button after tummy tuck

+1

Each surgeon is different with regards to their post-operative care of belly buttons from a tummy tuck.  I personally do not use marbles, so this question is best handled by your surgeon.  I would say however that your scar should be relatively mature by 6 weeks and I would doubt there would be a ton of benefit beyond that.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Marble in Belly Button after Tummy Tuck

+1

If the marble is serving the role of a stent to prevent belly button narrowing, then it may be reasonable to keep this in during the scar maturation process.  However, the area and the marble should be kept clean, and you should ask your plastic surgeon about the duration.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA 

How Long Should I Expect to Need Keeping a Marble in my New B.b

+1

That question need to be addressed to your surgeon. I can't tell if it is there for some particular problem or not. All the best.