I'm a South Asian female with terrible hyperpigmentation. How do I get rid of it? (Photo)

I am South Asian who had cystic and pustular facial acne. It is gone but I do have scarring and terrible hyper pigmentation. My dermatologist recommended Obagi products when the hyperpigmentation first developed since my skin had a grayish hue. Obagi got rid of the grayish hue on my face (still persists on my neck), my face and neck remain darker than the rest of my body. Any recommendations on products I can use or types of treatments to pursue?

Asian skin and hyperpigmentation

+1
A thorough understanding of Asian skin is essential for this treatment.  Hyperpigmentation is tricky and constant attention to sun avoidance is necessary for continued success.  I have like both a combination of chemical peels, bleaching agents, and topical Vitamin C for the best results.  I have also had great success with Cosmelan medical grade peels.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience in Asian skin for the best results.