Why Is My Nose Still Big After Surgery?

It's been almost four months since my procedure. I had a hump removed but know my nose still looks long from the side and front and from the side the tip protrudes. The doctor said he couldn't make it smaller because the cartridge would stick out in 20 years time. The tip is big and bulbous I feel as if I have solved one problem to create another am disappointed after my procedure.

Nose still big/

+1

It is impossible to answer this question without seeing photos of before and after surgery.  Best to be evalauted in person.

Why Is My Nose Still Big After Surgery?

+1

It is difficult to say without reviewing photos but at 4 months, especially if you had an "open" or external rhinoplasty, is still too soon to see the final result. It can take a full 12 months for the nose to heal following rhinoplasty and your final result to be seen. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year to see the final look.

+1

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year to see the final look. If you are still dissatisfied with the appearance of your nose see a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

Why Is My Nose Still Big After Surgery?

+1

4 months after rhinoplasty the tip will still be swollen, and you should give your nose a year before considering a revision.  Without pre and postoperative pictures, it is very difficult to give you any more information or reassurance.  I would return to your surgeon for an exam and advice.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php