Nose Huge After Surgery, Tender and Sore Bump Between my Eyebrows?

I had surgery two weeks ago to make my nose more refined.I had a hump removed and nose made smaller. My nose now looks enormous from the front although straight. There is also a lump between my eyebrows which is very sore and swollen. Also the skin on my nose is peeling. I realize there is swelling but surely my nose shouldn't be bigger post op I am due to go back to work in two weeks time and I am dreading that. How can I reduce the swelling and when can i use my reading and sun glasses?

Postoperative swelling 2 weeks following rhinoplasty.

+2

Swelling following rhinoplasty is variable between individuals and in some people it can be fairly significant resulting in a nose that indeed appears larger than preoperatively.  At this point I would recommend keeping your head elevated as much as possible, otherwise there is little you can do other than wait.  the swelling should resolve fairly quickly.  Consult your surgeon with your concerns and ask for instructions regarding the use of glasses, sunscreens, activities, etc.

Mario. J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rinoplasty

+2

You may have a thicker skin which will hold water( edema) longer.  Keep your head elevated as much as possible. Don't take a water pill.  Ice will not help at this point.  It will get much better in a relatively short period of time.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Concerns Following Rhinoplasty

+2

I am sorry to hear your concerns regarding your recent rhinoplasty. I am sure that you are still experiencing post operative swelling following your procedure.   It will take a while for you to see the final result of your surgery.  There isn't much to be done which will speed the process, although at two weeks your swelling should typically be resolving.  Please talk to your plastic surgeon about your concerns and with questions regarding wearing your glasses. Good luck to you.  

Web reference: http://stevenringlermd.com/facial-procedures-grand-rapids/surgical/nasal-surgery-rhinoplasty/

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Nasal swelling

+2

Yes, nasal swelling is very common after surgery and the nose can appear quite swollen.  Give it time to settle down.

Swelling

+1

It s typical for there to be swelling between the eyebrows after rhinoplasty and it should resolve with time and patience.

Swelling 2 weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling two weeks after rhinoplasty is the norm, and the nose should look bigger if all that was done is dorsal hump removal.  Give it some time.  Ask your plastic surgeon about when wearing the glasses is appropriate.