My incision seems very high up but Im still swollen? (photo)

I did ask this question before but I didnt supply a good enough photo,I'm only 9 days po, is my incision high over the hips due to swelling, im assuming Im still swollen in that area, its hard to tell

Placement of Incision and Swelling

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said nine days post op is too early to determine whether or not your incision is too high as you are swollen. As you heal and see your plastic surgeon at follow up visits can your doctor monitor your recovery. You need to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon, but also need to be patient as the swelling can last for several months.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.