2 Phase Reconstruction Post Bilateral Mastectomy - Unhappy with Size - Stage 2? (photo)

hi there. i had a bilateral mastectomy due to er- pr- her2 +3 b cancer. ive had my tissue expanders removed they where filled up to about 510cc's and replaced with 550cc's saline very high profiles, i wanted to go bigger because my natural size was a small d. now im just just a c. i want to know if it is possible to exchange them for bigger ?? and what the steps would be to achieve this. ive got very broad shoulders.ive finished chemo but still getting herceptin

Going Larger after Breast Reconstruction

+1

Yes, you can go larger an you have options. You can exchange your implants for expanders, you could use the Brava system and fat graft or even a combination of these. Speak with your plastic surgeon. 

New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Breast reconstruction for larger size

+1

It should be possible to go larger but an exam in person would be better to access you properly.

Breast Reconstruction

+1

You absolutely can go bigger and should discuss this with your surgeon.  If they are unreceptive then seek a second opinion.  I usually recommend silicone gel implants as they are much more natural in look and feel.  Fat grafting is another option to improve shape and size, but only in conjunction with larger implants.  Good Luck!

Reading Plastic Surgeon

2 Phase Reconstruction Post Bilateral Mastectomy - Unhappy with Size - Stage 2?

+1

Think about the use of the BRAVA expansion system and staged fat grafting operations. This would increase your size naturally. 

+1

You have  a very good result considering the extent of your mastectomies

I dont think you need to go larger .You would benefit from more shaping and projection

I would recommend fixation of the infra-mammary fold release of the capsule and expansion of the pocket with a dermal or mesh scaffold

It may be necessary to insert an adjustable saline implant to re expand the pocket

Web reference: http://www.beckermd.com/breast/reconstruction-boca-raton-fl/

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon