What Sort of Result Could I Get from an Abdominoplasty? Should I Lose Weight?

What sort of result could I get from an abdominoplasty with liposuction of the abdomen,hips and flanks? Would you recomend losing more weight first? Thanks

Tummy tucks

+2

Based on your photo you would benefit from a tummy tuck with liposuction of your flanks. I would recommend losing more weight prior to the surgery. You will have a better cosmetic outcome. You will also have fewer complications at a lower body weight.  That's simple health.

I can not say what the correct weight is for you, but it should be a weight that you are comfortable with and that you can maintain.

Tummy tuck vs lose more weigth

+2

There is no question to maximize a result the more weight you lose,the better.From looking at your pictures there is no question you would benefit from the procedures you mentioned.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Am I A Good Candidate for Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)?

+2

Based on your photos, I think you will achieve a very noticeable improvement with abdominoplasty, assuming you choose a well-trained plastic surgeon.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

What result can be expected after abdominoplasty? Is weight loss necessary?

+2

I think that if you lost more weight, you would just get frustrated by progressive sagging of your belly skin.  There would be a deflational effect on skin that is already drooping.

You should be able to expect an excellent result with a tummy tuck and liposculpture.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Tummy tuck and liposuction question

+2

Based on your photos, it looks like you would be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck, perhaps with some liposuction of the flank area.  This would remove the extra skin up front, repair your separated abdominal muscles, and help with shaping of the waist area.

If you are planning to lose more than 10 lbs (4-5 kg), I would suggest doing that first, and having the surgery thereafter.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Abdominoplasty,Tummy tuck results

+2

You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck because of the excess skin as well as fullness whicvh is either because of the spread of your abdominal muscles(diastasis recti) or excess fat in the area. In either case, a tummy tuck could reduce the fullness, bring in the waist and remove the excess skin. Watch my video.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before tummy tuck

+2

If you are at your usual, healthy weight, you could have surgery now.  If you are committed to dropping a few pound (or is it Kilos in Ireland?), and maintaing that weight, do that first and result will be even better and recovery maybe a little easier.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D. and another mum

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Tummy tuck results are best at ideal weight

+2

Based on your photo you would benefit from a tummy tuck with liposuction of your flanks.  I would recommend losing more weight prior to the surgery for a few reasons.  You will have a better cosmetic outcome because more skin will be able to be removed at a lower weight.  You will also have fewer complications at a lower body weight (infection, wound healing issues, blood clots, etc.)

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Results to expect after a tummy tuck

+2

A tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure to contour the abdomen, create a tight waist, and remove extra skin, fat, and stretch marks.

In our practice, we feel that as every patient is unique, so should every tummy tuck be as well. During the initial consult, we spent a great deal of time understanding with the patient's goals are, what their activity level is, and the challenges that we may need to overcome. In doing this, we can then create a surgical plan that will address that specific patient's concerns and will help them meet their own personal aesthetic goals.
Typically, our patients receive liposuction and liposculpture with their tummy tuck to not only tighten the abdomen creating a beautiful contour as well. Patients who receive a tummy tuck may also expect to remove the majority of the stretch marks in their lower abdomen.
Your best bet, is to only work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in abdominoplasty, liposuction, and body contouring. They will be able to carefully evaluate you and determine if first you are a candidate for the surgery and then construct a surgical plan that will help you meet your aesthetic goals.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Good Candidate for Abdominoplasty

+2

Hi there-

It looks like you are a good candidate for an abdominoplasty now and weight loss would not be necessary... If you are committed to losing more weight however, I would do so before the procedure, and be sure your weight is stable for at least a few months before proceeding...

Armando Soto, MD