What Sort of Procedure Do I Need For Breasts With Sagging and Volume Loss?

I've lost quite a bit of weight so I have little volume in my breasts and they sag. I'm considering a lift and potentially a small implant to fill them out. I wouldn't mind them being slightly larger, but I want them to still look natural. Not the basketballs taped to my chest sort if thing. What do I need to look for, and around how much would it end up costing?

Breast lift with implants is the ideal treatment for volume loss and sagging.

+1

You are likely a candidate for a breast lift with implants.  The vertical lift offers the best shape without excessive scarring and is safer than some other techniques.  Most plastic surgeons discount the procedures when they are done in combination.  The total cost in my practice is $7600, including anesthesia and the surgery center.  Before you decide, be sure you are able to view plenty of before and after photos provided by your surgeon.  If you like them, that is a pretty good indicator that you will be satisfied.  I've attached a link so that you can view some examples.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-breast/procedures/breast-lift/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with or without Implants

+1

Hi there-

It sounds like it is already clear to you that you will need a breast lift to improve the position and shape of your breasts.

Whether or not an implant would also be advisable would depend a lot on your ideal appearance and your surgeon's preferences.

Much of this will also depend on things that can only be understood after a careful physical examination.

Your best bet is therefore to find a skilled and talented surgeon you like and feel you can trust FIRST, and THEN worry about the details of the procedure...

One of the downsides to websites like this one (and overall I think that the benefits to patients far outweigh them) is that it is too easy for nice people to find themselves astray... 

Your chances of being happy and safe are higher if you realize and remember that aesthetic surgery is fundamentally a professional service- one human being performing a procedure on another- and therefore the most important detail is WHICH human being you allow to do this on you- not the details of HOW or HOW MUCH.

Obviously the how, when, how much and why are important, but the point I'm making is that they are not nearly as important as the WHO...

I think often patients get too caught up in what procedure they think they need (by asking these types of questions and getting opinions from well-meaning surgeons around the world who haven't even met them), and then go shopping for someone who will do what they have decided they need for the lowest price.

This is a great way to buy a toaster, or even a car... but not a professional service that can have such great implications for your safety and happiness over the long term.

Find a surgeon you like and feel you can trust first - visit for a discussion of your goals and an examination. Listen to the options they offer you and communicate carefully. You will have a much higher chance of being safe and happy in the end.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Volume Loss and Sagging Breasts Require Implants and Lift

+1

If your breasts are sagging and have lost volume you will need implants and a lift.  If you know your current size and are approximately a 34 to 36 around the chest, each 200 cc's would be 1 cup size increase.  The next issue is raising your breast tissue and your sagging skin.  It is best to avoid any vertical scars since these cannot be hidden.  Two approaches are, circumareola or circumareola combined with inframammary incision.  This can be done to give you a natural look by aligning you implant, remaining breast tissue and the nipple all in the same horizontal plane.  This results is in the perky youthful breasts that you desire.  The cost in Houston, Texas would be about $6,500.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

BREAST LIFT PROTOCOLS

+1

MANY PATIENTS ARE IN YOUR POSITION!

4 Reasons to Have sagging breasts

1- Lost weight

2-After Children

3-Post-menopausal

4-genetics

Do I need an implant?

Ask yourself a simple questions - Do you want more volume when you are in a supportive bra? If the answer is yes, then you need an implant. If the answer is no, then you only need a lift.

What Kind of Lift?

If the distance from the sternal notch  to the nipple (st-n) is 25 cm or less, you can get one of the following types of lifts;

1-Anchor scar - yuk!

2-Lollipop scar- Lejour or Hall-Findlay - Lejour gives best shape in my hands. Very durable!

3-Circumareolar Lift - Benelli or Goes - A goes lift is a great technique for some patients, it has an internal brassiere and scars look great. The lift is not as perky as a Lejour - so the tradeoff is perky vs. more scarring.

If the st-n is 25-35 cm then the Circumareolar lift is off the table!

If the st-n is greater than 35 cm then anchor scar techniques are your only option.

Implants can be placed with all techniques but some techniques require it to be a two stage procedure.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out what is best for you.

Mastopexy with implants to correct sagging and volume loss

+1

A breast lift corrects sagging and breast implants can restore volume. Both breast and breast augmentation can be safely performed at the same time.  To be sure how much of a lift you need and what size implant would fit you well, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Breast augmentation and lift

+1

Augmentation mastopexy surgery is a potentially challenging one which requires thoughtful preoperative evaluation and planning, and careful attention to detail in the operating room. Many surgeons have traditionally performed breast augmentation and mastopexy surgery in stages, usually mastopexy first followed by augmentation at a later date. In the recent past more and more surgeons have adopted a non-staged, single surgery approach to augmentation and mastopexy, and that is what I propose for the vast majority of patients who I see in consultation that need both procedures. I believe that the results of simultaneous augmentation mastopexy are as good or better than a staged approach in most cases, and of course patients quite naturally prefer a single trip to the operating room if at all possible.

Some patients I see in consultation are primarily interested in a breast lift procedure. For those with a significant amount of existing breast tissue, a breast lift alone may produce an aesthetically ideal breast appearance. However, it can difficult to achieve significant fullness in the upper poles of the breasts (the upper aspect of the breasts, above the nipple-areola area) in many patients by means of a breast lift alone. I ask patients who are considering a breast lift procedure how important it is for them to have the appearance of some fullness in the upper part of the breasts, and to thereby achieve a significantly more youthful breast profile. For patients who confirm that this appearance is important to them, and who do not have enough natural upper pole breast tissue to achieve this appearance with a mastopexy alone, I recommend an augmentation mastopexy.

Other patients are primarily interested in increasing their breast volume, but have enough breast ptosis to make the appearance of breast augmentation alone odd and unappealing. Placing implants behind breasts with significant ptosis creates the appearance of breasts hanging off of a pair of implants, which looks distinctly unnatural and aesthetically unappealing. These patients are also best served by augmentation mastopexy, which in addition to increasing breast volume restores the position of the nipple-areola complex to the top of the breast mound, tightens the lower pole and lifts the breast.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/gallery/breastaug1.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants an option for volume loss and sagging breasts

+1

Considering the situation you are describing, many women need to consider having both augmentation with implants to replace volume, as well as a lift to address the sagging.  A natural look is very achievable with proper implant selection. These procedures can be done separately or together.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to help guide you.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Breasts with Volume Loss May Require a Lift as well as Implants

+1

Weight loss and childbirth are the two main causes of breast volume loss and sagginess.  In order to correct both of these problems, you may need a lift in addition to breast implants.  Both of the procedures can be done simultaneously, and the implants don't have to be huge.  In fact, you can choose the size of the implants with your plastic surgeon and you can even try on samples to give you an idea of how large your breasts will eventually become.  For the lift, there are basically 3 types:

1.  Around the areola

2.  Lollipop incision

3.  Anchor incision

The type of lift you need depends upon how saggy your breasts are currently.  For the operation, it usually takes around 3 hours and it can be done as an oupatient.  The recovery takes 5-7 days and any discomfort is well controlled with oral pain medicine.

Web reference: http://www.MarylandCosmeticSurgeryInc.com

Breast lift and implant for sagging and volume loss

+1

The breast lift needed will depend on the position of the nipple relative to the breast fold. The implant will help fill in the upper part of the breast as a 'scoop' can remain even after breast lift without replacement of breast volume. If the implant must be small, a subglandular implant may give a better marriage between the breast and implant than a submuscular one.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast contouring after weight loss

+1

Breastlift may or may not provide adequate volume after massive weight loss. A good test to simulate the result is to tighten and fold in the skin of the breast to see how much breast tissue there is. A small breast implant is an option. Another option is fat grafting to the breast, which is a very nice adjunctive procedure to breast lift. You can get some nice, natural, enhanced results with fat grafting. You do not burn a bridge by getting the breastlift and opting to have a breast implant at a later time in case the breast lift needs to be fuller. You should like and pre and postoperative photos with a Board-certified plastic surgeon to get an idea of what can be accomplished.

Web reference: http://www.drshermak.com/breast-surgery-baltimore/breast-augmentation-with-lift/