What sort of plastic surgery should I get that would help me with my odd facial imbalance and my babyface? (photo)

I always thought that my face look too long and it makes my whole face looks odd and dull. I have a diamond face shape with small forehead/wide nose/big lips that make me look too young as i am 30. I really think i got the worst gene as a male. Please let me know from my picture that what kind of plastic surgery would help me balance out my face and make me look more attractive as a whole? I got a large chin implant so it helped me look a lot better in profile but my front still look odd. HELP!

Facial balance

+1
There are several things that you could do to triangulate your face and reduce the oblong look. You could have cheek implants or even dermal filler placed there. You could also have other procedures that would soften your appearance.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

How to improve facial balance

+1
Thanks for your question and photos

Here are my suggestions:
- Consider going in for an individualized consultation for complete evaluation
- Come up with the list of priorities and the areas that are most bothersome to you
- An analysis and digital photography morphing can help show you what would be the best option
- You may benefit from improving the shape of your nose and the projection of your midface.
Dr Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Midface Enhancement for Facial Shape Improvement

+1
Your sense of 'odd' in your facial shape is that your midface lacks projection and now your chin does. Your face is also vertically long, as you have mentioned, but that length can not really be reduced. What you can do is camouflage that length by creating more midface projection. That would include a rhinoplasty, cheek augmentation and possibly paranasal implants. This can be shown by computer imaging to see if you feel that provides a facial shape improvement.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Facial Balance

+1
There are several options to help you balance out your facial proportion, including narrowing your nose and giving more fullness to the midface.  It is best to consult with a board certified specialist with Asian faces who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you might look like afterwards and serve as an important tool for communicating with your surgeon.  

Kimberly Lee, MD

Plastic surgery to improve facial balance

+1
Dear asianguy529,

• Before going through a lot of different surgeries, I think a filler injection to build up the cheeks would change your look in a very masculine way
  • We can sculpt very nice cheekbones and customize your look that implants cannot do
  • It will give you more balance and you may not need further procedures
  • An in person consultation with a specialist would help guide you and give you the information you are looking for

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

+1
A rhinoplasty will  add some refinements to your nose. I also recommend more fullness to your mid-face. THis will allow your face to look more rounded. A mid-facelift will shift the fullness  in your lower face and blend it with your mid-face. It will also allow more prominence over your cheek bone which you lack already. Fillers can do the job but they are temporary.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

What sort of plastic surgery should I get that would help me with my odd facial imbalance and my babyface?

+1
The first thing I notice on your face, is that your cheek area is very flat and has no definition.  Men typically have an angularity to their faces.  Placing cheek implants or filler (if you are not interested in implants) to the cheek and jawline will give your face more angularity.  Your chin is a bit weak and can be augmented with an implant or fillers, as well.  Finally, your nose could be reduced and refined with a rhinoplasty.  

+1
In my opinion, your appearance would be improved with :
1) Otoplasty 
2) Lip reduction
3) Standard Rhinoplasty techniques will improve your nose including nostril narrowing

Generally speaking plastic surgery treatment must be driven by the patient's desire and what can be realistically achieved.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

+1
    A rhinoplasty can be performed to reduce the overall width of your nose.

Improving Facial Balance

+1
Narrowing your entire nose including the nasal base and refining your tip will make it more proportional with your surrounding facial features. Cheek augmentation will improve facial contours and reduce the appearance of a long flat midface.