Would I Be Able to Get Some Sort of Laser Scar Removal Done with This Type of Scar? (photo)

I had a birthmark removed about 15 years ago. I had a skin graft. I think its a hypertrophic scar but I'm not sure. I'm looking to even out the color and get rid of the texture of it. would I be able to get some kind of laser surgery that could help? 

Fractional co2 laser for burn scars and donor skin graft site scars

+1

There are some clinical studies that support the use of fractional co2 laser for the treatment of burn scars and donor site scars that may improve surface texture. 

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Scar from birth mark removal

+1

The scar that remains from the skin graft would be difficult to treat. The only possibility might be the Fraxel laser to improve the skin surface and irregularity. I would find a board certified dermatologist in your area who has alot of experience with scars and laser. Only a non-surgical approach should be considered.

Skin graft scar revision

+1

You skin graft scar is not hypertrophic, but the texture and surface irregularity can be lessened using soft tissue expansion, a surgical technique where a balloon is used to create additional normal skin adjacent to the perimeter of your scar.  This can effectively reduce the surface area of your scar.  Check in with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in burn reconstruction for more information.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon