Would I Be Able to Get Some Sort of Laser Scar Removal Done with This Type of Scar? (photo)

I had a birthmark removed about 15 years ago. I had a skin graft. I think its a hypertrophic scar but I'm not sure. I'm looking to even out the color and get rid of the texture of it. would I be able to get some kind of laser surgery that could help? 

Fractional co2 laser for burn scars and donor skin graft site scars

+1

There are some clinical studies that support the use of fractional co2 laser for the treatment of burn scars and donor site scars that may improve surface texture. 

Scar from birth mark removal

+1

The scar that remains from the skin graft would be difficult to treat. The only possibility might be the Fraxel laser to improve the skin surface and irregularity. I would find a board certified dermatologist in your area who has alot of experience with scars and laser. Only a non-surgical approach should be considered.

Michele S. Green, MD

Skin graft scar revision

+1

You skin graft scar is not hypertrophic, but the texture and surface irregularity can be lessened using soft tissue expansion, a surgical technique where a balloon is used to create additional normal skin adjacent to the perimeter of your scar.  This can effectively reduce the surface area of your scar.  Check in with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in burn reconstruction for more information.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon