Is Soreness Normal 10 Days After a Very Mini Tummy Tuck?

I am 43 and have had 3 prior c sections. 10 days ago, I had a very mini tummy tuck. I am in excellent shape, but had an area of fat/loose skin below my belly button that I could not get rid of with diet and exercise. My scare is small relative to a full tummy tuck, I had the drain removed after 3 days but now I feel very sore across my tummy from the belly button down. Is this normal - I thought I'd bounce back faster? I have no incission pain and my result is excellent.

Pain after a mini-tummy tuck

+2

Pain after a mini-tummy tuck is usualy normal for the first few weeks. Most likely the discomfort you are feeling is from tightening the muscle form the umbilicus to the  pubis.

Recovery after Tummy Tuck

+1

Yes, it is  normal to experience “soreness” 10 days after many tummy tuck surgery. If you have a change in your discomfort level ( despite taking sufficient pain medication)  then immediate follow-up with your plastic surgeon may be indicated.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

This is still too soon, and you should be feeling better in a few weeks. Thank you for your questions and good luck.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Soreness after Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Your soreness is not uncommon and is most likely due to the tightening of the abdominal muscles from your belly button to your pubic region that was performed. This will get better but you must be patient.

Soreness after a very mini tummy tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

Patients who received a mini tummy tuck should anticipate a recovery process that can consist of swelling, bruising, and discomfort for several weeks after the surgery. Swelling, tightness and tingling sensations are normal after the surgery. If you are concerned about any level of discomfort or have any questions, your best bet is to let your plastic surgeon know your concerns. They will surely want to examine you, make sure that you are feeling okay, and that the healing process is progressing as it should. Surgeons always wants know about concerns or problems other patients have sooner rather than later.

Post op pain is normal.

+1

After a mini abdominoplasty it is normal to have pain for a few weeks. The pain you are having sounds relatively normal. 

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Some soring after this tummy tuck is normal at this stage but this would generally settle over a week-2 weeks following surgery.

+1

If you are concerned about your pain I think it maybe worthwhile calling your plastic surgeon just to check with them that they are happy with your progress.

London Plastic Surgeon

Pain after a minitummytuck

+1

It is certainly possible to have post-op pain 10 days even after a mini tuck.  It is difficult to determine  exactly what was done in your procedure.  Typically, the abdominal muscles are not tightened during this procedure, but this  varies with the surgeon and each patient.  If your muscles were tightened, it would not be unreasonable to still experience pain in this area.  You have also mentioned , drain removal recently.  There could be possible fluid accumulation causing discomfort as well.  You should followup with your plastic surgeon for further evaluation.  Good Luck, Dr. Delia.

Pain from

+1

It sounds as if you may be experiencing pain from the effects of the tummy tuck. Try to avoid acitivities that stress the repair.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

What is the Appropriate Amount of Pain I SHOULD be having after a MINI-Tummy Tuck?

+1
There are 2 very large variables involved in your answer: 1. PAIN is relative (different people react differently to the same operation) 2. A MINI-Tummy Tuck is NOT a single standard operation but rather a family of operation which addressexcess skin and abdominal looseness BELOW the belly button with removal of the lower tummy skin WITHOUT relocating the belly button but - with / without Liposuction - with / without muscle tightening With you having had surgery 10 days ago, you SHOULD have SOME discomfort since you could have had ANY of the above MINI-Tummy Tuck procedures. If you have sudden swelling or redness or even ANY question, do NOT wait and see your surgeon, I'm sure he would be glas to see you and make sure you are doing well. Dr. Peter Aldea